Keegans Surprise

My feet felt like lead as I walked.

"Aria!" I turned to see my best friend Keegan. He's a vampire who is going to be joining the games again this year.

He's desperate to have a mate.

"Hi Keegan.." I whispered. He walked beside me with a smirk that I knew all to well. It was 'I know something you'd don't know' smirk.

"What?" I asked trying to calm myself down. "I know I'll have my mate by the end of the games. And I already know who it is." He said. As we got to the sign in table.

"Who?"I asked, bending down, to sign myself in. He just chuckled.

I looked at the crowd. This was a televised thing. So I see every screen. I saw my parents looking at me. I gave them a small nod.

"Human girls. Please come into here, so you may get ready. Then you will be brought into the arena." The president of my state, 'Maryland'.

I was about to walk away, when I was grabbed. It was Keegan.

"I'll find you. And I'll mark you." He said. And in my shock, I had to be dragged away.

I was lead into a roam.

An outfit was a black and Gray suit.

I put it on, it was like a second skin. I put the shoes on. They seem to be the ones that grip the earth, for speed.

I grabbed the bag, and walked to the tube in the room. I stepped inside, and a girl walked up to me.

"This is your tracker. It's just so everyone knows where you are." She said, sticking a needle into my arm. I winced.

"You'll be fine. I was scared as well. But now I'm mated to a powerful vampire. Who loves me, and our children." She said.

I gave her a small smile.

"They like the chase. Especially the alphas. They love it. Just be careful." She said.

I nodded. The tube closed. I took some deep breaths. I gasped when the tube started raising.

My heart started beating faster.

I looked around. I used my powers to search for any source of water and food. I would need this to hide here unnoticed and unmated.

"'Welcome ladies. You have a ten minute head start... starting now.'"

I ran.