Ⅸ (Nine)

•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●●•۰•♡•۰•●

The word 'person' comes from the latin word 'persona' which referred to the masks worn by actors in which sound would come through. The 'person' is the mask-the role you're playing. And all of your friends and relations and teachers are busy telling you who you are and what your role in life is.

But, what if every single stumble, every challenge, every experience in our life was only intended for one purpose: to bring us back to our origin? What if every win, every loss, every beauty, every fall, every cruelty, and every smile was only intended to unveil another barrier between us and God? Between us and where we began, and where we are desperately seeking to return?

Have you ever been jealous of a brain? No, not a person but their brain? When you know that they are capable of thinking things you can't fathom to see without help, when they can hear symphonies in silences, when they can see the same sun, the same sky, the same people as you do everyday and yet see so much more, when they can live their lives so much more than you do, when you know that you will breathe the same air as them but they will smell more flowers, that's when you are jealous of a brain.

Jealous that you will never see that hidden colour in that pristine spectrum that only they can see. And that is when you know you have found your idol.

I think I held on to you for so long because I just never wanted to admit the truth that we weren't right for each other.

Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.

Salvation offers us, not only salvation from sin and sorrow and death, but salvation from our own persistent self-criticism.

I read when I was the most afraid, the most vulnerable. All those stories, all those characters, they made me brave. For that, I am grateful.

Maybe she doesn't want to be alone but she's tired of being lied to, used, and thrown aside when she is no longer convenient. Maybe she has suffered one too many heartbreaks from boyfriends or best friends or parents. Maybe she wants to depend on someone but there's no one left. No one, except herself.