Chapter Two

A/N Double update or maybe more because I am bored. 

Amy had woken up on the floor, cold planks pressed up against her cheeks. She slowly flickered her eyes open and was met by a pitch black room save for one stripe of sunlight leaking onto the bed besides. She felt hungry and her body burned from the distinct feeling of sore muscles. She pushed herself up onto all fours and reached for curtains that were not her's, as her blinds were made of bamboo and always let in just a small bit of light in the mornings. She opened them to reveal a street view of LA. A view, she decided, was not her's either. She looked down at herself discovered a flat chest and draw string pants bagging around the ankles and a sweatshirt that was too big for the small frame Amy had found her in. She had been in this apartment before, briefly. It was Ethan's and she easily found the bathroom, the only one in the apartment. 

 She looked at herself in the mirror and found pretty eyes staring at her from under long lashes and blue hair that was currently messily sprawled across her forehead. Acne covered her face, not very flattering on some, but Ethan made it work. 

She found herself slowly sliding out of the state of numbness as something began to set in. her breathes came in large gasps as her vision darkened. She was on the floor now, eyes finding the row of lights that hung above the mirror. She was shaking, she could feel it but couldn't stop it. 

"Fuck." Her gasps were coming in words now. She hadn't experienced this before. What was it? What? What what what what? 

She felt a slight buzz in her pocket before a ringtone started. One, two, three beeps, each one a different tone as the sound continued. Over and over it sounded and Amy found herself focusing on that as her breathing slowed. 

She pulled the phone out of Ethan's sweatshirt pocket. An alarm advertising 5:30 am sounded flashed across the screen in large black letters. She knew Ethan's phone password and tapped the screen with nails that were bitten down to the quick. 

She had woken up at 5. She had known this from the Grandfather clock that had been in Ethan's hallway. 30 minutes of hell, Amy thought.

"What was that?" she said in Ethan's voice as she pushed herself up using the counter and numbly made her way to the kitchen. She remembered the pain in her muscles quickly as she shuffled down the hallway. 

She opened the fridge looked at her option. Vegetables boasting different labels lined the bottom shelves whiled drinks boasting 9 grams of protein and increased endurance lined the top along with a bottle of iced coffee. Nothing really suitable for food. She turned to the wood pantry  and opened it to reveal box upon box of unopened mac and cheese and ramen. 

"Ethan." She said the word sadly, fingers going to his stomach as another hunger pain shot through her as she fell to the floor. She moved to the fridge on her hands and knees, opening it and grabbing a protein shake off the top level. She chugged it. 

It hurt on the way down, her throat burned and her stomach clenched again. She took the bottle away from her mouth and coughed gently. What the fuck was wrong with Ethan? She found that question being tossed in her head. 

Was he really starving himself? She took the phone out of her pocket and called Mark, then Kat, then Tyler over and over again until she fell asleep, the phone dropping from her hand as she slid down against the refrigerator.

***********************************************************************************************

When she woke up again, it was 6:50. She reached for a carrot chewing it as she reached for Ethan's phone on the floor. She went through another round of call with nothing but the sound of crunching and the faint ticking of the Grandfather clock in the hallway.