When Hearts Fight

The next morning I woke up to my doorbell ringing. As I opened it... I didn't expect what had happened next.

Joe was standing there dripping wet from the rain that was coming down. When I opened the door, he kissed me deeply. Something I didn't expect him to do. I tried to pull away but he kissed me to the floor as his hands rested on my thighs. It felt like prom night all over again but I had to stop him. Suddenly, he pulled away and closed the door and locked it while I got up from the floor but he wouldn't let me go that easily.

Kawaii wait... I'm not here to fight or anything, he said in a weak voice.

Why are you here then?, I asked.

He stepped closer to me and pulled me into a kiss again.

I want to say I'm sorry, he said looking down at me. His hand traced circles on my shoulder as he stared at me but I looked away.

He pulled my face back and tried to kiss me again when Kody started crying.

I have to get him, I said and walked off.

Kody was standing up in his bed reaching out for me when I made it to the door but it was short lived when Joe spoke.

Hey there little guy! Remember me?, he asked making his cries stop and a grin appear on his face.

He was so attentive and it shocked me. Joe grabbed him asking questions as if he could understand him but Kody just laughed.

I'll take him Joe, I said making him realize something I guess he wouldn't say out loud.

Oh! Oh my bad.... Flashback, he said and he looked as if he said too much.

What do you mean flas-.....  What happened?, I said as I looked at him hand Kody back but I stopped him.

Well... Umm... I was married for 3 years and she.... Uumm... She aborted the child due to an argument out of spite.... And when I saw this little guy (he looks down at Kody who was asleep once again) I regretted making you feel the way I did. We all do but they don't know about our past together and that made it worse, he said putting Kody in my arms to wipe his eyes.

Go get out of those wet clothes and I'll wash Kody up for you... Have you eaten anything?, I asked making him stare at me.... I was in pure shock.

No I haven't, he answered weakly.

Well then I guess we'll have breakfast, I said walking off to get Kody situated.

I wanted to hug him but I didn't want to give in that way. Yet the thought of knowing she should be burning in hell was all I could think about. I could feel the hurt from it and I knew he wanted a child more than anything and Kody has just captured that spot. After I bathe him and got him dressed, I helped Kody walk to him as he sat shirtless covered in a blanket.

Will you two be ok while I go and get dressed?, I asked.

Sure we will, he said giving me a smile.

I smiled a bit and left to take my shower. I heard him laugh as Kody did his imitation over and over again. I thought it was cute but I still haven't forgiven him. I took a 30 minute shower and got out when I had whacked every unwanted hair in sight and got dressed. Once I made it back to the living room I saw Joe and Kody snuggled up in one corner of the sofa so I grabbed Kody but Joe gripped him before he knew it and woke up.

It's ok... It's only me, I informed him.

Oh.... My bad, he said letting Kody go.

I laid him down in his bed and walked to the kitchen when I caught a glimpse of him sitting down. He had his hands covering his face and I could hear a silent cry coming from him... So I walked in. I knew it was something else he hadn't told me and it was visible that it was eating him up on the inside so I went and sat next to him. He instantly cried in my arms.