Reporting for duty

"She can't wake up just yet." One of the dream demons hissed.

"Oh and why is that?" Freddy demanded shoving me behind him protectively.

"We have yet to give her the details concerning her new job." One of the other dream demons hissed.

"What new job?" Freddy demanded looking at me and then over at the dream demons.

"She is to go to this address first thing in the morning. You are not to disturb the master of this address but are to get straight to work. A list of chores that you are expected to do will be on the table upon your arrival. Once these chores are complete you are to leave immediately. If you are found in the house after sunset you will suffer the consequences." The dream demon hissed before disappearing.

With that a paper floated down from out of nowhere. I stared at the paper for a moment the words were written in blood red ink. 66 Elm Street. Last name Alucard. Freddy placed a hand on my shoulder startling me. "Don't go."

"I have too. I promised that I would. I never go back on my word."

"Why would you do that?"

"To stop you from killing Charity."

"Why didn't you let me kill the Witch?" Freddy demanded irritatedly.

"I couldn't let you kill her, she's family."

"She has never treated you like family. You didn't have to make a deal with them you know. I would have let her go if you had asked me too." Freddy replied.

"You would have?"

"Of course. Your my precious little princess, my perfect little kitten.  I'd do anything for you." Freddy replied. Then he glared at the Dream Demons "I don't want her going to that house."

"A deal is a deal Kruger. And a deal with us is eternally binding. You know this." Freddy swore under his breath letting out a low growl. He then turned his attention back to me.

"Promise me you'll wear a crucifix. The Alucard family is no one to trifle with. If you ever find yourself in trouble close your eyes and call my name. I be there instantly." Freddy replied whispering in my ear and quickly kissing my cheek before disappearing.

"Good morning Catherine did you sleep well?" My father asked as I sat down at the table.

"Like a baby." I replied with a smile causing Charity to frown.

"No bad dreams?" She asked starting to push her food around nervously refusing to make eye contact.

"None that I couldn't handle." I replied with a smile. Later when we were alone Charity approached me but still refused to look me in the eyes.

"Catherine can I talk to you?" Charity asked after her father had left for work.

"Ok, but make it fast, I have somewhere I have to be in just a few minutes." I replied looking at my watch.

"I... I. That is I'm..." Charity stammered looking down at the ground figiting with her dress.

"Charity why won't you look me in the eyes?"

"I can't." Charity replied her voice filled with regret.

"Charity look at me. I said look at me." I replied with a growl. "Now what is it you want to say?"

"I'm so sorry about last night." Charity finally replied quietly.

"Which part?" I replied.

"What do you mean which part? I shouldn't have to explain. Why can't you just accept my apology? You know what, just forget it." Charity said angrily.