Chapter 2

Darkness. That was all he could see. He heard the shuffling of the guests and the incohrent chatter from the staff. He heard a gunshot then everybody screamed. He ducked, hearing glass shatter and birds flapping. He saw the birds fly out the window and someone scream.

"Someone's fainted!" someone shouted and more chatter and movements could be heard before the lights went back on.

A door slammed open, revealing a tall, muscular man holding a clipboard. "Sorry for the inconvience..." he said in a deep voice. A crowd was gathered around one person, assuming that was the fainted one. Feliciano moved to the broken window and found a hat with a gray silk cloth floating on the waves. He leaned his back against the wall, feeling the excitement for his case bubbling inside him.

Feliciano stood up straight and held his camera to his eye and scanned the room with it. "Someone please get me a glass of water!" the doctor shouted, the politician's head resting on the doctor's lap, unconsious with blood dripping from his mouth.

"Mathias! Get Mister Wang water, please!" the Japanese waiter yelled as he cleaned up the shattered glass near the actor, who seemed to be a bit hazy. "Mon dieu, désolé, mister. My bad." he said and helped cleaned his broken wine glass.

"Maybe it was her!" the mafia jeered at a random woman, his butt on the floor, looking as if he slipped. The policeman slapped his head with his hat, "Could you be quiet? We're in a mysterious situation here!" he yelled.

"What the hell just happened?" the magician commented, just staring at the window where his doves just flew out. "The diamond is gone!!!" the auctioneer yelled, shaking the box and looking around. The crowd gasped and started to look around as well.

He took pictures of every scene and removed the camera from his eyes. He looked around and found a bullet by his feet, wondering how it got there. He got tissure from his pocket, wrapped the bullet around it and kept it in his pocket.

He looked around the room and it was in complete chaos. There were feathers, glass and liquids scattered all over the floor. The people were chattering away along with the family trying to help the fainted person.

He clenched his fists and took a deep breath. This is his big case. And he needed to solve it. He ran towards the stage, dodging every person he came arcoss and reached for the microphone.

"E-excuse me?" he said and everyone looked at him. "I am Feliciano Vargas from the Roman News and I am here to solve this mystery of the Diamond and make sure to catch that culprit who stole the Diamond, but for now, can everyone rest except for the staff? I want to interview you." he said and gulped.

The people followed and in a matter of minutes, they were gone. This was going to be long, long night.