Chapter 3

The staff were lined up in a row, waiting for their turn to be interviewed, the interviewer, or journalist, Feliciano was seated on the other corner of the room. He was currently interviewing the bartender, who was blonde, tall and had an obnoxious personality. Feliciano was pretty tired, and all he wanted right now was pasta and sleep. He was sure he wasn't the only one, it was a quarter past eleven and the crime scene happened not less an hour ago. The boat was smooth sailing, and the stage lights were already turned off. The crime scene was left as it is, with the exception of the silk hat that staff fished out of the sea.

"Really, I was just as shocked as the passengers were. I had no clue what was going on." the bartender said, holding up his hands as a defense. Feliciano nodded, holding back his yawn, saying "Grazi, Mathias.". Mathias nodded, standing up from the seat while the next person stood up from the line. It was the waiter he had been observing awhile ago. The man sat down, bowing at him before speaking.

"I am Kiku Honda, part of the waiter staff." he said, Feliciano smiled at this, he was relieved this man knew what he was asking for. "Ciao, Kiku, I am Feliciano Vargas, so do you know what happened?" he asked, gripping his pen so it won't fall off. "I was just doing my job, Feliciano-san. I was only serving drinks the whole night. The only alternative job I did was clean up the broken glass that Francis accidentally dropped." he replied, staring at the seat where the said actor had seated. 'Ah, the French actor...' he thought, writing it down on his notebook. "Did Francis seem suspicious when he dropped the glass, or cleaning it up?" he asked, twirling the pen in between his fingers.

Kiku pondered on it for a moment, Feliciano looked back at the line, where eight more people were waiting. It was odd that they were the ones he was observing awhile ago, it seemed a bit too planned. "Francis-san sounded like he intentionally made it drop, he said it in a monotone voice when he said sorry." Kiku said, the Italian turned back to him and wrote the information down. "Ok, bye, Kiku." he said and waved to him. The Japanese man nodded and slightly smiled before going outside the room.

'That was helpful in a way. The other staff didn't seem observant.' he thought.The auctioneer walked towards him, seeming less energetic than he was earlier. He seemed tired, he sighed before sitting down in front of him. "Are you upset, mister...?" Feliciano started, cocking his head to the side, the auctioneer looked up at him before answering. "Gilbert Beilschmidt. I am upset." he paused, staring back at the floor. The journalist gripped the pen, hovering it over the paper.

"The person who stole the jewel was Phantom Thief F. I have been tracking him down, but the politician, Ivan is a step or two ahead of me. That's why I was surprised he was here and how the jewel got stolen." Gilbert said, clenching his hands. Feliciano wrote down all the said information. "The politician? The one with the scarf?" he asked.

"Yes. Ivan Braginsky." he replied. "Alright, grazi, Gilbert. Good night." he said. "Gute nacht." he said and waved goodbye. This was going to be a long.

Feliciano was on the verge of sleeping. It was quarter to midnight and he just wanted to sleep to his heart's content. He got bits of information, but they were still missing pieces. The mafia, Lovino Vargas (which sounded strangely familiar) said something about his boss, Antonio Fernandez Carriedo, about them just going here for a short break.

The policeman, Alfred was hired by the staff to watch over the auction and the people and in return was a free cruise. Ivan Braginsky, was tracking down  Phantom Thief F and he knew about the auction so he came here right away. He mentioned about being so focused on tracking him down that he hasn't been able to get much sleep.

The French actor, Francis Bonnefoy said he was just here for a break and all he was doing was drinking wine. The magician, Arthur was simply just performing. The doctor, Yao, was the medic of the cruise. He just gave some sleeping pills to the politician and that was it.

The last and not the least was the mechanic of the ship, Ludwig Beilschmidt, apparently the younger brother of Gilbert. He was dressed in green engineer clothes and a cap to match, he also had a fresh bandage on his right cheek. "I didn't see you have that bandage when I saw you on the port." Feliciano mentioned to the German.

"Ah," the man reached up to his cheek to touch it, "Yes, there was a man who attacked me in the control room." he said and Feliciano perked up. "Who? Did you see his face?" he asked immediately. "No. His face was behind a white mask." he sighed. "Tell me what happened when he attacked you." he asked.

"Everything seems good." Ludwig muttered to himself, staring at all the blinking controls in front of him. The metal door swung open behind him, light entering the room with a shadow blocking. He turned around and saw a man dressed in black, except for his face and gloves. He held a small bag and a dagger in his hands.

"May I help you?" Ludwig asked in a bored tone. The man walked up to him, and looked up to him, "Get out of my way." the man hissed. "What do you think you're doing?" he yelled at the man. 'Don't you know who I am? Get out of my way!" the man said and pushed him aside harshly.

Ludwig fell to the ground and not affected, stood up again. The man pulled down a lever and he pointed the dagger at the buff German. "You will not mention this to anyone." he said. "What if I don't want to?" Ludwig snapped. "I'll kill you. Or throw you off this ship. Either way you die and my plan gets ruined." he said.

"I won't allow it." he said. The man slashed his cheek and blood started to spill and stung his cheek. The man fled right after and shut the door. Ludwig held the right cheek and pushed the lever back up. He wiped the blood with his uniform and placed a bandage. He then started to scribble a report on the way up to the main room.

"That's all?" he asked. "Ja." Ludwig said. "Ok. Grazi and good night, Ludwig!" Feliciano said cheerfully, his voice dripping with drowsiness. "Gute nacht." he said with a small smile and headed towards the exit of the room. Feliciano yawned and looked at his notes.

One thing was official: Phantom Thief F did not steal the Diamond.