Chapter Eighteen | Ring Around The Rosy

-Chester's P.O.V-

 I got up from my bed, and slowly made my way outside the room. I slowly walked towards the bathroom and placed my hand on the handle. The dripping sound was coming from inside. I was trying to gather all the strength I had in me to open that door, but I couldn't. That dream, it... It seemed so real... I wasn't ready to see my adorable companion hanging from the ceiling...

 My grip became stronger. I had to open the door... Here it goes...

 Three... 

 Two...

 One...

 Here I-

 "Hey sweetie, what are you doing?" 

 I looked to my left. I saw my mom standing in the corridor. Fear took over me as I noticed the big knife she had in her hand. I screamed when I realized she had blood on her shirt.

 "What's wrong?!" She asked me.

 "WHERE'S SKYE?!"

 "She's right here!"

 I looked down as I heard the little tap my dog's paw's made on the floor as she walked towards me.

 "I was gonna make you some soup, but I hurt myself while cutting the vegetables."

 "Wh... What's that on your chest?"

 "That's some tomato sauce I spilled earlier. You seemed a bit uneasy, how are you feeling, Chester?"

 My mom walked past me, into the bathroom.

 "We had to fix this damn leak." She said, as she turned the tap on... That's what was dripping... 

 I crouched down and hugged Skye as hard as I could.

 "I was so scared I lost you." I whispered to her, in the voice I used to talk to her. "But no one would take you, you're a strong girl, aren't ya?! Aren't ya?!"

 She wagged her tail in excitement as I repeated that last question. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen, and, after grabbing something to eat, I went outside. I had saved William's number on my phone, I called him as soon as I stepped out of the house.

 "Hello?" He answered.

 "Hey. It's Chester."

 "Oh, hey Chester. I was about to call you."

 "Did you find something?"

 "Yeah, actually I did. I checked the parking lot's security footage and I identified the same person that I saw kidnapping Chandler in his room. It was one of the nurses. I wrote down the number on her licence plate and I had the car traced."

 "Great! Let's go!"

 "Chester. We aren't going anywhere. I am."

 "What?"

 "You can't come with me, if that lady is working for The Glitch, what I'm about to do is going to be extremely dangerous. I'm sorry, but I can't take you with me."

 "I want to help."

 "All you'd be was another person for me to protect. I'll call you as soon as I can. Be safe."

 "Wait, I-"

 He hung up.

 "Fuck!"

 I knew that if I stayed home, I'd spend the whole day wondering if Chandler was okay, waiting for my phone to ring. I needed something to distract me. Although nothing would be able to do so... But it wouldn't hurt trying.