Chapter Nineteen | A Pocket Full Of Posies

-William's P.O.V-

 I hung up the phone and placed it on my pocket. I picked up my badge, my gun and left the house, towards my car. I was going to find the woman that took Chandler. Hopefully she was in the same location her car was.

 I started the car and drove off. As I drove towards the building I kept wondering if I was driving towards a trap. It just didn't add up. A nurse kidnapping a patient and taking him to a public building... If The Glitch want him why would they take him somewhere so exposed? Unless the woman's job was to take Chandler to that place... Either way, I had to get there. This was the only lead I had on Chandler. 

 After a few minutes of driving and thinking to myself I arrived at the place. I slowly got out of my car and approached the building. 

 The car was there. 

 I looked around the place, seeing if any other car was there, before going in. When I concluded my search and was sure that no other person had parked there, I went in the building.

 As I stepped in, the door quickly shut behind me, making me quickly pull out my gun and point it in the direction of the loud thud.

 "Hello?! Is anyone there?!"

 I turned around, gun still risen. I quickly walked towards the direction of the voice, trying to make as little noise as possible.

 "Help us, please! There's a guy here with me and... I don't know how we got here!"

 I found the room where the voice was coming from.

 "Are you two alone?!" I screamed.

 "Yes! Help us please! I've tried to open the door, but it's jammed!"

 "Do you know if anyone else is in the building?!"

 "I... I don't think so, no!"

 "Alright, step back! I'm gonna break the door down."

 I knew damn well that could be a set up. But I had to take the chance. If she is telling the truth I have to get them out of there before someone arrives.

 I stepped back. I swung my foot towards the door, breaking it down. Instead of running in, I took cover behind the wall. I peeked in the room. There were only two people there. The nurse and Chandler. I went in. Chandler was unconscious.

 "Thank god you're here!" The nurse said, as she walked towards me.

 "DON'T FUCKING MOVE!" I shouted, as I pointed the gun towards her, making her stop. "IS HE OKAY?!"

 "Y-Yeah! He-he-he was bruised before someone got him here! Please don't shoot me!"

 "HOW WAS HE BRUISED?!"

 "S-Someone chocked him unconscious!"

 "You chocked him unconscious!"

 "M-Me?! I didn't do anything!"

 "Don't you fucking do that, I have security footage of you taking him!"

 "Please! I really have no idea what you're talking about! I have no idea how I got here!"

 I've been in the police business for years now and I could tell when someone was lying or telling the truth, even if that someone was in distress and panic as this lady was. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find any signs implying that she's lying.

 "You don't remember chocking him and bringing him here?"

 "How could I even choke him?! Have you seen my chicken arms?!"