Chapter Four

***

"What is it, Ben?" Mal pressed her swelled-up lips together, batting her thick false lashes at Ben.

Ben blinked his eyes twice, re-adjusting his senses from reminiscencing his time paid with the pirate. His voice, his touch, his eyes...

"Ben?" Mal raised her voice, shaking Ben's shoulder for attention.

"I- I think 'we' won't work," Ben managed, "you're my best friend!"

Mal typically gagged in disgust and disbelief. He continued, "Now, don't get me wrong, you are amazing..."

"-So I'm not good enough for you? Is it my mom?" She interrupted rudely.

"... and you've changed so much for the greater good, but I really love you as my close companion, Mal!" He ended the discussion abruptly.

Mal was left blinking in utter shock. She could not- could never believe what repelling words were intoxicating her ears. Why? With who? Audrey?? Ben looked at her sympathetically, thinking that no one could have actually loved her more than he could have done so. She was not for him. He was not for her. It simply was a mistake. She could have been the mistake all along. Thinking back; she only told him she loved him after Uma pressurized Mal, when he was controlled under a spell.

He took his attention off of her. She stood there in silence, recollecting her past moments with Ben. He apologized to her for the last time, sincerely but assertively. He left the still atmosphere without any other hesitation.

***

Ben released his body from the cold, soaking clothes. He stood bare and colder than before. Ben thought of how harsh he was with Mal earlier. He shook himself from the thought when the sound of bursting water flooded in the tub. He looked at himself in the mirror. Did i do the right thing? Was breaking up with Mal what I wanted? The mirror fogged up and he could no longer see his saddened expression. He was hurt. He was emotionally drained from the past two days.

But Harry. What was behind that sly grin? Those dark eyes? What was his past? What happened to that poor unfortunate soul? The water suddenly splashed onto the bathroom tiles. He rushed to turn off the tap as he slowly entered the the tub. He sank into it, dazing onto the surface of the waters. Calm and serene. He thought of the waves crashing soothingly when he was at the ship, with Harry. He remembered it all too well.

He stood there, staring out into the sea. The sun's rays danced on the deck alongside the warm, gust of wind. The pirate's cloak flew with the mighty breeze, exposing his structured phisique. I still hated the way he left me aching below. Blood rushed to my head, thinking about what he did to me. I can't understand why, but it felt so right. I guess, the heart wants what it wants...

Ben lowered his gaze to his feet and felt a throbing sensation between his legs. His hands were trembling as he reached out for it. It was excruciatingly tempting. After all that has happened, he very well deserved it. Ben's heart was racing as his fingers touched his skin. He hoped to God it would be worth it. With a few light strokes, bangings echoed from his bedroom door and into the bathroom. It shocked Ben as he instantly whipped his head towards the sound. He panicked. What more would these people possibly want from him?