Chapter Thirteen

Mal's lips were ajar in disbelief, quivering and more pulpy than before. Evie too was taken by surprise. She placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, claming her. After that outburst, Ben stormed out of Literature class in a steaming mess.

"I... I don't understand, class," Merryweather blinked, watching Ben leave and the rest awkward.

Mal was gasping either from taming herself or the fact that Ben; the one who she wanted for herself, just screamed at her. This was all Harry's fault. If Harry didn't turn up, Ben would have still loved her as how he did for Harry.

Ben made his way to the Auradon Museum, where they kept Fairygodmother's wand. He seeked frantically for something, something that could help him see Harry... Wherever he is. Ben just needed to see his face, what his voice... Anything to bring that long lost feeling he had with him.

Alas, he found the perfect tool. It was the Beast's original magic mirror. Ben lifted it from its stand, grasping it tightly.

"Show me Harry Hook," Ben paused, afraid that it might be faulty, he continued desperately, "...please?"

Suddenly, his image in the mirror grew distorted in seconds. The green glow from the mirror blinded Ben for a while, until it dimmed and he caught a glimpse of another form mirrored within.

"Harry..."

Ben observed Harry in his room, looking all tired and sombre. The pirate was by the windows, listening to his own music while contemplating his current situation. Harry actually was imploding. His loneliness was consuming him from the inside. The room was colder than usual, too pitch-silent for his liking. Harry wished to sail away, living in an adventure with Ben. He rested gis head in his arms, groaning in misery.

"I'll be damned Ben, I miss you."

Harry was bored doing things alone. No one to talk to except himself. He sometimes sang to himself, talk to himself and also fight with himself. The only times he ever saw another person was when the gaurds handed him sustenance and homework or assignments. No one visited him. No one knew where he was.

Ben felt terrible. He put down the mirror, incredibly guilt-stricken. If only his father could see things from a different perspective; his point of view, none of this would have happened. Harry wouldn't be close to losing his faith, guards wouldn't be searching for nothing, he wouldn't have striked his friends, unreasonably controlled by his own emotions.

***

Stab! Stab! STAB!

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! Ahhhhh!" Mal lunged at Harry, craziness blinding her.

Harry groaned and shouted for help. He was bleeding. His hands were bloody, his mind was blurry. There was no stopping Mal. Her eyes illuminated the green glow as she striked Harry with a silver sword. He screamed his lungs out. He was in peril. He pounded the air, but Mal was too quick for his weak throws.

"I... I'm s-sorry! Mal STOP!" Harry agonizingly managed, coughing out a dangerous amout of blood. STOP PLEASE!

"Oh, Harry," Mal stood over his crippling body, laughing, "do you actually think I'll ever forgive you?"

Harry tried to cover from the blows, but Mal, yet again, kicked him hard enough to make his beg and cry for mercy. Mal yanked a fistful of his hair, staring right into him.

"Any last words, Harry?"

Harry was defeated. He barely whispered, "I'm very sorry... So s-sorry....... that no one loves a BITCH like YOU!"

The last thing Harry saw was Mal's rage, and the blade piercing into him again and again.

Harry pounced up from his bed, cold sweat beaded his forehead. His chest was tight and his lungs felt like they finally got air. Harry checked his body frantically, only to sigh in relief.