Surprise!

With Halloween approaching, everyone is getting their own feel of October's spooky holiday! I can't wait for Halloween! October is also one of my favorite months, the fall is always in full swing once this month comes around causing the leaves to change in color and the weather to finally cool! So with the excitement of Halloween quickly approaching, here's a little Halloween teaser story! Let me know what you think of the teaser and if you want more let me know!

"I'm home!" I annouced to no one, well unless you count my dog as a person. Walking into the old white house that my family owned I was greeted with the quiet that now filled my home. About a year ago my family moved away, leaving me here by myself with my dog as my only company. My youngest sister received an opportunity for a head start on college classes in the field she wanted to pursue. This opportunity required my family to pack up and move closer to the major city Raleigh. It was... in October if I remember correctly. So exactly a year since they left. At least I am empolyed, I pay for the light bill, we have well water so a water bill isnt something I worry about and internet is the only other thing I pay for aside from Hulu and Spotify.
"Hm... when was the last time they came to visit? Before the kids went back to school if I remember." I muttered to myself sitting in the recliner and flipping on the tv bringing the life of light and sound into my home.
The news and weather channel appeared on the screen. "Boring." I muttered to myself, about to change the channel when a news alert flashed across the screen in red bold color.