chapter 3

~ chapter 3 ~

"I don't know what I am going to do with you "

I'll heard this so many times by teachers, my mom and now the president of the school bord.

"as a punishment for skipping!! you will be part of the 'dunk Booth' for this years school carnival. " well its not that bad~

" and after school work!

crap! I can't, I have to find out where Jaime is!

---- during carnival. -----

'God I hate carnival!!!' I used to think the dunking Booth was the stupidest Booth in the carnival... untilled NOW.

Goodness! who would had though a dunking Booth, would put to test the ability of a baseball player.

6 feet away form the target and only 3 baseball players out of 30, have been able to hit the target. that's just shameful!

I am at brake, watching at the fail of baseball players trying to win their girlfriend a prize. lets see who's around. The school jocks, the gecks, the sluts, the schools player. And the loners but at far courner and there she was, Jaime .

" what shame to say that my schools baseball team." I started a conversation, or at least attempt to.

she didn't say a thing. A few minutes went by and the she looked at me and asked

"why don't you try?

" I've been in the tank fir the last hour and in drained" I told her. which was partly true, the other reason was that I have not aim, what-so-ever.

she looked into my eyes probably trying to see if I had lied or not.

" why don't you try? I asked trying to have a normal conversation.

"no, it's not a challenge " she replied.

AND THEN I GOT AN IDEA!

" who about this, if you can hit target, you would not only you be able to brag but I will be you slave for a week... " I stop.

" what's in it for you? you must- " I cut her off.

" you will go on a date with me."

I told her.

she look at me like was crazy!

she started walking away from me.Her gorgous hair swaying from side to side ' I guess she can't do it.' GIRLS...

" YO! CARTER PASS ME ONE OF. THE BASEBALL! " She yell across the field.

'what is she doing? dose she not know that the line to throw from is only 6 feet away, not 36 feet away. 36 would be the langth of feet from home place in a baseball game to the field where the pitcher throws .

( a.n. I am not sure how far the length is, so I took a guess.)

" You won't even get the ball half-way to the target! " Carter yells back. A group has formed around the 'Dunk Booth.'

" just give her the damn ball! I want to see what she GOT!!! " yelled Ryder one of the other baseball player.

With that Carter sent the ball flying in the air. It was going fast as hell!!! But it came to a suddent stopped.

Jaime had caught it with out a cough it with one hand and without a glub.

I was shocked & amazed!

she in the position the pitchers. standing to her left side with her elbows up and the ball in her right hand.

she took a deep breath and looked around, seeing the crowd bigger than before. she took on more deep breath and sent the baseball flying through the air .

'A perfect PITCH! ' I thought to myself.

The ball went flying going straight to the target.

And ...

it...

hit...

dead center. °0°

Their was dead silence.

mouths hunging on the floor.

she walked up to me, head held high and a little swing in her hips.

she stop right beside me making me freeze at the suddent closeness and whispered into my ear.

" Don't challenge someone ,without knowing your opponent "