1.8 A Step Towards Healing

~ Healing does not mean that damage never existed. It means that it no longer controls our lives~

"Suman! Sumaaannn!", Shravan was screaming from his room non stop when Suman rushed into the room, her hands messed up with the flour she was busy punching and a few strands of her hairs adorning her face. She came and stood in front of him and raised her eyebrows in 'what'. Shravan looked at the specimen in front of him and a small smile decorated his handsome face.

" My blue file? The one which you snatached from me yesterday night while threatening me to sleep?", Shravan made a grumpy face at her as the memory resurfaced, an angry suman threatening shravan to sleep and not work late night. Suman made a ' hawwww' face but resisted to reply. She strolled towards the sofa and somehow picked up the cushion balancing it between her two elbows and there laid the mighty blue file. Shravan's gaze roamed along with Suman and her deliberately slow movements. Once the file came in his field of vision he looked at Suman who was already looking at him, and as their eyes locked, she gestured him to pick the file and turned on her heels to exit the room. Only she couldn't. Because Mr Malhotra held her left wrist in his grasp, halting her movements and making her turn. Suman looked at him again, her eyebrows up as she frowned.

"Why are you not talking to me?", Shravan questioned, in a voice barely above a whisper.

Suman shrugged her shoulders, looking at him and then at the blue file signalling in a weird sign language that she is communicating to him.

"Suman! Are you angry?", Shravan asked not able to understand what she called as sign language in her head.

Suman shook her head.

"Hurt? Sad?", He questioned again.

She shook her head, giggling as a school girl.

"Then why are you not talking to me Suman?", He asked again, this time irritated.

She shrugged. And then showed him her flour wrapped hands indicating she needed to make breakfast. Shravan gave her a super irritated glare.

"Suman, what's wrong? Why are you beleving so odd?", Shravan asked, inching a little closer as he cupper her face.

Suman gave a tight lipped expression, like it took all the strength in her to not reply to this man who had captured and now, ruled her heart

Suman gave a tight lipped expression, like it took all the strength in her to not reply to this man who had captured and now, ruled her heart. Sharavan leaned forward such that their foreheads touched and both closed their eyes, in response to the contact that sent 'jittery feelings' through their bodies.

"Sumo, you know I can't bear this torture. Talk to me...", He pleaded.

" Aree toh I am talking to you na....", Shravan opened his eyes at the voice and jerked backwards to find her smiling at him.

"But you were not replying to me..", he pouted and she giggled yet again. She again shrugged.

"Sumo!"

"Shravan!"

"Sumoooo!"

"Yes, shravaannn"

"Sumo yaar!", This time he was was irritated.

"Sumo is always there for you shravan. I am yours only, you agree or not. I have always been. Shravan ki sumo, not Suman. Don't call me Suman for I won't respond to it. Call me sumo and you will find me next to you, always....", Suman answered before running downstairs and leaving a blushing Shravan behind.

Shravan ki sumo. Didn't it sound so cute?
Shravan laughed at his thought process as he picked the file and got busy in getting ready for office.

The night fell as the moon glowed illuminating the dark sky. Pushkar and Shravan had just returned from office, freshened up and joined the family for dinner. Preeti and Suman were serving dinner as Ramnath, Nirmala and Kamini and Lalaji ( Pushkar's parents) settled in. Shravan picked the spoon and sipped a spoonful of the daal when his hands stopped mid air as his taste buds recognized the taste. Everyone's gaze was stuck at him, for his reaction. It took him a second to realize the taste- it was his mother's recipe. The same one he loved and she made for him everyday before she left him. Nirmala was looking at him with her breaths fast.

" It tastes just the same maa, thank you", Shravan replied a few seconds later and relief washed through everyone as the joy mingled between them. Nirmala smiled in response, and eyed a silent thankyou to Suman who was already secretly dancing at the success of her idea.

A hearty dinner later, shravan was sitting on the bed, working on a new case on the laptop when Suman came with a smile. Shravan looked up to find a wide 32 inch smile adorning her face.

"What? Why this goofy grin? You look like a clown", he commented as he looked at her but she didn't mind. Neither did she answer him back. Rather maintaining the same child like grin, she came towards his side of bed and stood in front of him, forwarding a bowl.

" Moong dal ka halwa?", Shravan looked at her, happily surprised and as she nodded, he snatached the bowl digging into like a hungry animal. Suman giggled at him, few things have not changed, his obsession with this sweet dish for instance. As he finished the bowl he looked up at her with a 440 volt smile, blushing and Suman could not help but lean and kiss his forehead, taking him by surprise.

"This was my thank you for accepting maa and the daal", she spoke and he made a face at her, before dragging her by wrist and settling her on the bed.

" Sumo, it's not like I want to hold on to these incidents. I want to move on too, to live a normal life, with my family and wife. But its going to take a little time..", he answered taking her right hand in his. And though, her mind was still stuck on one word, wife, she somehow nodded at him and he smiled back, before leaning in and pecking her forehead, taking her by shock this time.

"Sumo ka shravan", a small melodious whisper entered her ears and a smile came on her face, before their eyes locked and both ended up giggling.

Life was not that difficult either.