Prologue

Waking up one day, and realizing that I was the villainess of an otome game from my past life, is not the best way to spend Spring Break. After all, then I had to cancel all of my previous arrangements for the next week, so that I can hole up in my house and have an identity crisis. 

Like, 'who am I?' And 'why did this happen to me?' such questions had popped into my mind, but really, there was no point in trying to answer them. So, I will just leave everything into your capable hands whoever is up there and decided to reincarnate me. It's easier this way.

Once I decided to just live out life as I always had, with the exception of looking out for heroine-like girls and making sure not to be mean to them, everything went back to normal. It would stay normal. Or so I thought.

One day my mother brought home this adorable little girl, probably my age, but from malnutrition she looked much smaller. My mother had a weird habit of taking in random children, as can be seen from the otaku upstairs, my adopted younger brother. 

Anywho, my brother, who is surprisingly a capture target by the way, seems to always try to avoid me. I wonder why. I've tried to reach out to him before, but he is always very vague and tries to escape as soon as possible. Is it the face? I know that I look like the typical villainess girl, but in the inside, I'm really not! I just want a sibling I can dote upon! Is that too much to ask for?!

So when mom brought home a random, dirty and frail younger sister, at first I was ecstatic. My mother instincts kicked in, and I doted on her, fed her, gave her a bed in my bedroom, helped her catch up with schoolwork and anything else she needed, I got. But... 

Why does she look exactly like the heroine?

Thoughts like that would often appear in my mind, but I ignored it in my excitement. Now that its been several months, and the adrenaline has finally calmed down, I have begun to think clearly.

1) my little sister is identical to the heroine

2) my little sister acts exactly like the heroine

3) the heroine is supposed to be the villainess's adopted sister.

1+2+3 = ... the heroine is my sister.

Nahh, I'm not that good at math. I must have gotten the answer wrong.

Let's recount that again. 

Later. 

In a hundred years. 

Never. 

I don't know anything.

And no, later that night I did not end up hitting my eye with a necklace, after trying to copy a YouTube video on how to hypnotize myself.

Of course not.