Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

Nick POV

It's been a few days now and the team seems like a bunch of really nice guys, thank god, we are all in the coach's office right now talking about positions, he calls it a 'meeting' but really it seems like he talked baseball for 15 minutes and now he is getting to know all the new guys for a few minutes. I think he mentioned something about going to his field in a little bit to get familiar, normally we would already be practicing but since Coach picked his team a week early he said he is just getting to know everyone until the season officially starts. I liked that about him, he is a solid dude, even insists on us calling him Coach Tim instead of Coach Miller, I'm glad he isn't a prick like my last coach was.

I was looking around his office, its nice, biggest one ive seen by far, the table in here seats 22 easily and there is still a ton of room to walk around, actually you could probably fit another table in here with the way he has this table set up. It's about 2 feet from the windows, which takes up a whole wall, you can clearly see the back yard through them, the pool being right outside the office just through a door. His office makes me feel like im in a gazebo when I look out the windows. However on the other side of the room is a nice desk with a bunch of papers on it, and the wall opisite of the window wall is covered in tall cabnets, the whole wall is nothing but cabnets except for the big door to get in here. As I was admiring the office I was only half listening so I guess I didn't hear the knock on the door but I did hear the coach say to come in.

In walked his kids, I've only officially met one of them, I think her name was Amberly, but I could tell they were his, they looked just like his wife but also like him. They all walked over to him and started saying something, it looked like they were asking him something, who knows.

"Pssst! Ryker! Is Amberly the only one you know or can you give us the hook up on one of the other girls?" Aiden asked him

"you'd screw a pole if we let you. I've met them all but I'm not as close with the other girls, but one of them is married, Bree, she isn't here"

"You have just let all of this untapped potential go to waste here man" I swear Aiden was dropped on his head as a child, possibly on purpose.

"well how about you ask one of them for a date man, since you're such a lady's man. HEY COACH" TJ yellled over at the coach catching everyone's eyes

"Yes TJ"

"Aiden here has something to say!" I need better friends

"NO I don't, all I need is better friends"

That went on for a few more minutes before his kids walked over to a cabinet and started getting things out of it.

Amberly POV

Luke, Heather, Kenzie, and I walked into dad's office because it is Saturday and we had nothing to do. But since mom would be gone for the next few hours we decided it was the perfect time for our favorite game. Paintball. Mom hated when we played it though cause we always made a mess, since we played it in the backyard there usually ends up being a few paintballs that hit the house, but we always clean them off. We just had to make sure it was okay with dad since he was having a meeting, he didn't care, although he was quick to remind us that if mom caught us he had nothing to do with it.

"Luke I want blue, hand it over"

"no way! You got blue last time" Kenzie said to heather

"guys, rock paper scissors, come on, I'm ready to win" Luke gets real competitive in this game, probably because Heather, Kenzie, and I always team up against him in the end. What can I say, we enjoy tough love?

When they weren't looking, I reached over and grabbed the Blue paintballs and put them in my shooter, then walked out with my goggles and vest. While it may be our favorite game it was painful and I don't particularly enjoy getting hit in the stomach or back. It still hurts when I get hit, but not nearly as bad. Luke saw what I did and laughed grabbing the yellow and his stuff and followed me outside the door to the pool so we could get a head start on the other two.

"Hey you cheaters we all go at once, wait up" Kenzie was the first to notice us, but seeing that she didn't have her stuff on or any paintballs we just kind of took off running to find a good stop before they joined us.

"What sorry! I can't hear you over the sound of me winning!" Luke yelled as he ran off ahead of me

"Amberly You took the blue" Heather yelled, that was my cue to take off

"you snooze you lose girls!"

I ran over to where Luke first went so that as they walked out the door we could get them and then we would separate. The rules were simple, 30 minute games, first one to get all 3 of the other colors loses and must clean the vests and goggles. The winner just gets bragging rights and if mom gets mad, plausible deniability. She isn't fooled though, but it's still fun to mess with her.

The girls were walking to the door

"ready Luke" I whispered

"yep"

Just as they opened the door and went to walk out they were both hit by a few paintballs each, thankfully I hit them both, then I turned and got Luke, before pushing him down and running away. So maybe we did cheat now and again, but only a little.

Now all I had to do was not get hit.

Nicks POV

Coach walked right behind his other daughters as they were walking outside, Ryker was already laughing beside me. As Heather and Kenzie (I learned their names) walked outside coach quickly shut the door behind them and locked it. Just as he got the door closed paintballs started hitting the girls and a few got the door. No wonder he closed it so fast.

"See I told you boys my kids were cheaters. They are even ruthless against their own kind. Where did I got wrong" he said muttering the last part?

"hey coach didn't Mrs. K get really pissed off the last time they played cause they got paint all over the house when the girls teamed up on Luke" Garret asked him

"oh yes, and don't remind me, I got in trouble for that one too, and all I did was lock the door so Luke wouldn't get paint on her rugs. Here I thought I was doing the right thing." Apparently as Ryker explained to those of us who weren't here, they were playing paintball just like today and the girl teamed up on Luke, his son, at the end because he did something to make them upset. They were absolutely awful to him, he looked like a rainbow from shoulders to toes. Paint was all over the back of the house, but what got her, Luke fell in the flowerbed while he was trying to get away from them. Mrs. Kathy wasn't happy about that. She made them all power wash the back of the house, and then as punishment, they had to power wash the rest of the house as well. And the locked them outside until they were cleaned off with the water hose and dry, Coach as well because "he let them do it".

This family seemed to have a lot of stories like that, they seemed like a fun group of people.

Just as we were laughing about what happened last time, Luke ran by the windows and a paintball hit the window smack dab beside where Cooper was sitting, it was blue.

"damn Amberly, always trying to take me out, first she pushed me down and now she just gave me a small heart attack" Cooper was clutching his chest as the rest of us cracked up.

Mrs. Kathy walked in the office right after that, oh I can't wait to see what she says!