Chapter 5

I look up at the person who grabbed my arm. He had deep brown eyes, hair so black but nice and cropped short. "Don't be stupid." He said his voice melted into my heart. "Who are you?" I say in a part whisper. "That my sweet you'll have to wait to find out." He says smiling, a smile that would just break your heart. "You can tell me all your problems."

"Why, why should i trust you?" I say starting to get a bit wary of him. "Because i'm not one that likes to tell."

"No seriously! Who are you?" I say my body completely forgetting about his gorgeous body. He's probably one of the new kids. Looks like the popular kind. "Who are you?" I say turning back towards him only to find out that he's gone. I can't, i just can't trust anyone anymore until i solve this mystery. My mind was over whelemed by what had happened over the past few days. The letter, gemma's kidnapping, the warning note, Max's sudden illness and now this new guy! What else? What else? I think about heading home but then thought no. I could hopefully get another chance to find out who this new guy is.

Unfortunatley i didn't get a chance to see the new guy again because i got called down to the medical room to take Max back to my place. Max's parents were too busy looking after their kids who were too young to go to school or who only did the morning half.

I spent the rest of my afternoon looking after Max and the majority of the night.

Thankfully that morning Max was asleep. So that meant i could go and take Crispy, my cat for a walk. Yes that's right! My cat! My C A T! He loves his walks, although he is starting to get his age. This means he'll walk slower than he used to, but i've gotten used to it. I still love him to pieces. I'll do anything for him to keep his health up to normal standards. I grabbed Crispy's lead and collar as i walked over to grab my self an apple. I quickly walked over to the sofa where i whispered in Max's ear, knowing it would have no effect. "Just gone out for a walk. See you later."

I still left a note on the fridge for him. I decided to take Crispy out for a short walk around the park since i didn't want to leave Max alone for too long.

When i got back Max was stirring, so i decided to get him a small cup of water and a plain digestive biscuit. By the time i'd done that he was already awake.

"Hey how you doing?" I whisper.

"Better." He replied

"What exactly happened to you?" I asked.

"I...I...I..." He stuttered, "I don't know. All i can remember is having to dash out of Art and into the medical room. But i can't remember what happened afterwards." He looked up at me with a *sorry but i really can't remember face* "Hey shush, don't worry. Its fine." I say soothingly, not wanting to make him feel bad. "Hey, don't worry. Sara's going to come round later to look after you when I go up to my mum and dad's place. You remember i said i was going to stay with them over the weekend don't you." He gave a slight nod of his head.

"Mels, be careful when your up there. I don't want anything to happen to you. Not with all the strange happenings that have been going on recently. Ok?" He says.

"Don't worry Max i'll be fine." I heard the doorbell ring. I thought that must be Sara. I walked up and unlocked the door. To see Sara at the door with her stuff. I motioned with my hand for her to come in. I followed her into the living room and took a seat. "You must of had a pretty bad hangover, yesterday Sara. Or did you just ditch on Friday?" I ask.

"Nope, i got pretty drunk wednesday night and had a hang over, Thursday, Friday. So what did I miss?" She says. I know im going to have to tell her the truth but I don't know how to put it. I bend over, letting my body fold, staring down at the floor i clasp my hands together. "Whats wrong Mels?"

"Ok, so alot of things have been happening, since you've been gone." I say sighing. "I don't know where to start. How about i start with Thursday when strange things started happening." I explained all the strange happenings to Sara. She was completley understanding. I went into my room to grab my suitcase and phone. I quickley re-entered the living room, to tell Sara where Max was sleeping and not to disturb him. "Bye Sara." I say as i pull her into a quick hug before putting my things in the back of the car. I got inon the drivers side and started to reverse down the drive onto the road. It was a very long drive to where my parents live. 12 hours. So i decided to stop every three hours just to get some rest for about fifteen minutesand something to eat, and then drive off so overall it was 13 hours. When i got there i was greeted with hell from my father. I quickly made my way up stairs to my room to put my suitcase there and laid down on the bed completeley exhausted from my trip up her. I soon fell asleep on the bed.