Life Stories

(Dedicated to Jarrodactyl252 because he gave me the idea)

Why do people willingly post all their personal information on Wattpad? For example, they might share their personal Instagram, Snapchat, Kik, or even phone number. I have seen all of these, so I'd like to go through each one in detail.

First of all, people promote their personal Instagram. The key word here is personal. This means that there are photos of you, of your friends, of your family, etc. And you're just sharing it with random people. Is this not at all creepy to you?

Next up is Snapchat. I honestly think Snapchat is worse because you can send and receive pictures in real time, meaning that if you put a picture of yourself on your story, people are going to know it's you (no catfishing here). You're also chronicling your life for others to see.

I also see people promoting their Kik. This one actually scares me a lot. You could be chatting with a random stranger and not even know it. Who knows if their profile picture is actually them? (I know this goes for all social media sites, but this is one of them).

Lastly, there's people who have given away their phone numbers. Now that's just completely stupid. There's no nice or simple way to say it. It's just dumb, okay? I saw this girl post on her wall one time saying, "Just gave my phone number to a stranger for the first time, but I'm not tied in a basement so I'm good." I literally had to read that three times because I couldn't believe it.

All I'm trying to say is, don't give away your personal information to complete strangers. It's dangerous. Everyone should stay safe on the Internet and minimize risks.

And don't give away your phone number to people, gosh dang it.