Chapter 1- A Strange New World

"Four seconds until quark collision." The Operator shouted.

Nobody in the room bothered to look up. They just acknowledged what was said, but didn't show any signs as they were too busy staring at computer monitors.

"Three, two, one. Collision has been made."

There was a loud cheer as everyone in the room jumped up and started shaking each other's hands.

"Who would've thought that you could help us through such a problem." Peter said to Axel shaking his hand.

"Well what can I say? Physics is my life." Axel replied.

Axel got up and walked out of the Tom. He came out into a long grey corridor filled with endless amounts of cables and tubes. After a collision, it was always cold due to the extreme amounts of cooling compound, so Axel had to rub his hands together to keep warm.

Axel walked to the let of the corridor stopped, shivered and continued on walking.

"Did we succeed?" Sapphire asked coming out of her psychic link.

"Of course" replied a female voice.

"Gemma, you mustn't say that like it is always going to happen as we might not be as successful the next time."

Gemma rose from her seat, her long blonde hair brushing against her back.

"Where are you going?" Sapphire asked.

"I'm, um, you know, you should just come with me."

Gemma and Sapphire walked out of the room.

'I really need to stop doing that' Axel thought to himself rubbing his nose.

He had just walked into the see through door that led to his office that he thought was open.

'Shit' Axel felt his nose and felt blood. The one thing he hated more than anything was blood, so he quickly rubbed his hand under his nose to remove the blood. He took a deep breath and opened the door properly. Axel stepped through the doorway into a big grey room with a large black table at one end and a huge screen at the other.

"Computer." Axel said.

"Yes sir." The computer chimed.

"Show me the footage of the latest collision."

"Showing footage of quark collision 310A."

The screen lit up and started to display the extremely accurate footage of the quark collision. Axel sat down in a black leather chair and after a few seconds he felt faint and blacked out.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Welcome aboard Axel and Sapphire, you're really going to enjoy it here." The Director said shaking their hands in turn.

Axel and Sapphire nodded and The Director walked off. As Axel and Sapphire turned to go in the opposite direction, Axel caught Peter sneaking into a room out of the corner of his eye. He thought it was nothing and continued to walk away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Axel came to he was lying on the floor of his office with Sapphire and Gemma standing over him.

"Are you ok?" Gemma asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Axel replied.

"How comes you ended up like that?" Sapphire asked

"I'm not entirely sure."

Axel couldn't remember how he ended up on the floor or why he blacked out. He stood up walked over to his black leather chair and sat on it.

"Do you need me to get you a doctor?" Gemma asked.

"I'm fine Gemma."

Sapphire walked over to Axels chair and stood behind it. Due to her brain implants, Sapphire had the ability to read people's minds, she attempted to read Axel's, which she struggled in doing.

"Did anything happen while you were out cold?" Sapphire asked her brown eyes looking serious.

"No, not really." Axel lied.

"Anything worth sharing?"

"Nope." Was all Axel could say

Sapphire knew he was lying, but decided to let it pass for now.