Just Walk Away (Chapter 1)

Claire's POV

I gazed out the window of my car. I couldn't keep it out of my head for 2 minutes. I hated myself for it. I let this happen. The memory's if us came flooding throw my mind. A tear rolled down my face, all of that was probably gone, it was me, its all me.

It was dark outside. I was in the dangerous part of the city, i could of chosen a safer path, but i chose this way, for a i care i can die, I know it wasn'tbthat big of a deal, but to me it is. Matthew means the worod to me, and i ruined that.

I decided to text him. To clear things up.

Claire: I know your mad at me, but i didn't mean for it to happen, he forced me! I couldn't move my head.

Matthew: I wish i could believe that, Claire. But it was just to much for me. I just need time to cool down.

Claire: I know but its jushsbsvyyennsgusjsb,.o

Matthew: Claire? Are you okay?

Matthew: Claire? Claire!?

Matthew: CLAIRE!?!? ARE YOU THERE?!? ANSWER ME!!

A car slammed into me when i was texting Matt. I don't know what happened, it just happened, i don't know how but it did.

I saw cuts and bruises all over my body. My clothes were tore and parts of my long hair was cut off by i'm assuming glass. My car was flipped and i was hanging from the seatbelt. What just happened? I went into shock unable to think strait. I don't know where my phone went, and i think i'm down in a ditch. All of a sudden i heard the faint sound of police cars. I was being pulled by my arms and onto the soft grass. Suddenly the car lit up. It went up in flames. The heat was to much. I couldn't take it.

I blacked out.

~Earlier That Night~

We were at the club, why? I don't know. I was there with Jessica, Ellie, Carter, Cameron, Nash, and my boyfriend Matthew. We wee all having such a good time but then Cameron came up to me.

"Dump him. Stay with me." Cameron said.

"What? What are you talking about?" I replied with confusion.

"You know exactly what i mean. Dump Matt and go with me."

"What, no. I love Matt." I replied with a plain expression.

"Just do it. I know you like me. Just do it." He said.

"I don't like you and i'm not going to dump Matt. Why would you even say that kind of crap?" I said harshly.

He looked fierce. He looked like he was going to do something to me. Suddenly he grabbed he back of my headal and pushed it towards him. His lips pressed against mine. What the heck was he doing? I tried to pull away but his grip was to strong, i couldn't break away.

"Claire...?" I heard a voice. It was Matt. Cameron's grip lossened and i pulled away outof his grasp and ran over to Matt.

"What were you doing?" He asked. He sounded heartbroken.

"Its not what it looks like it..." Iwas cut off by Cameron.

"Oh its exactly what it looks like. She's dumping you and going with me." He said calmly.

"No i'm not! Stop that! I don't like you so you need you stop!" I spat at him.

Matthew was walking away. "Matt! Please stop! Please come here." He ignored me and kept walking. "Matthew! Come here, please!" But he kept walking." Matthew Lee Espinosa! Come back! Its not what it looks like! Matt!!!" He kept walking. He walkedout the doors and i ran after him. Cameron grabbed my arm.

"Get your hands off me!!" I yelled at him and ran after Matt.

"Matt!" I screamed as i ran out the doors.

I saw him at the end of the street turning the corner. "Matt!!! Come back!!!" I ran as fast as i could to catch up to him. As i turned the corner he was nowhere to be found. "Matt!" I yelled. "Where are you?! Please come out." I looked around for a little while. When i couldn't find him, i layed back on the brick wall in they alley and sobbed. The tears were running down my face,it was dark and it wasn't the best part of town to me in. i heard footsteps. It was Matt.

I pratically jumped on him when he came up to me. "Don't leave me like that!" My voice cracked. I was falling down in his grasp. I fell to my knees and cried.

"Its not what it looked like!" I sobbed.

"I know." He said "I should get home. Bye Claire." He walked off out ofthe alley.

"Matt wait!" I shouted. But he didn't come back.

I decided that i should give him his space. I made my way to my silver Corolla and started for home.

I couldn't get it out of my head. Tears were rolling down my face. 'What just happened'.i thought to myself. I had been driving for a while and decided to text Matt.

Claire: I know your mad at me, but i didn't mean for it to happen, he forced me! I couldn't move my head.

Matthew: i widh i could believe that but Claire, that was to much for me. I need time to cool down.

Claire: I know but its jushslosvyyenngusjsh.,o

A car crashed into me. I heard my phone ring but couldn't navigate where it was. I heard it ring 2 more times.

I felt my body being pulled out of the flipped car and onto the grass. Where am i?

I blacked out.

Matthew's POV

Claire! Oh my god this is all my fault! She's in trouble. Something happened!

Many hours passed and i kept checking the news on my phone.

Once i looked there was a new article:

BREAKING NEWS!:

"16 year old girl, Claire Kendle was found in a ditch. Her car was flipped and she was still inside the car, upside down, when found. Kendle was cut and had many bruises around her body. The police was able to pull the body of Claire Kendle out of the car before it bursted up into flames. The girl passed out after the car went up into flames. Cameras around the city was able to catch footage of the car flipping. There is no final condition. There is not any saying if she will survive or not. Police are doing the best they can waiting for the ambulance."

Oh no... this was because of me!

i clicked on the video footage under the article and saw Claire... texting me! I saw the car flip and Claire being flipped around.

I got into my car and rushed to the scene.

When i got there... nobody was there but a burnt silver Corolla, her silver Corolla.

Author's Note (Taylor)

Cliff hanger! What did you think? Will Claire survive... or nah? Comment below what you think. We would love to hear it! I hope you guys like it so far! So who are you? Team Matt or Team Cam? I know who i am! I wanna see who you like! Don't forget to Follow, Vote, and Comment!

Love you all!

-Taylor (Claire) :)