Chapter 22

I didn't want to and they couldn't make me. I was taken down to Severus's quarters and I sat on the couch wrapped in his arms.

"What would you like to do?"

"Die without anyone trying to stop me and become a Hogwarts ghost."

"Other than that."

"Nothing." He sighed and made me sit up.

"I am not going to let you kill yourself! What can I do to make you realize that you have a life ahead of you?!?" He winced and sighed, looking at his arm. "Come on. The Dark Lord wants to meet you."

"No. I told you, I'd rather die than be a Death Eater!"

"If you don't come, he's going to punish us both!" He grabbed my arm and apparated before I could object.

"Just act like you're being forced against your will."

"Act?" He yanked me forward and kicked a door open before flinging me to the floor at someone's feet.

"Here she is, my lord," Severus announced. "This is Atropose Richter."

"Ah, Miss Richter. How wonderful to finally meet you," hissed the man above me. I looked up and my eyes met those of the most horrid man ever to walk the earth.

"You must be Tom," I sneered, standing up. An animalistic growl came from him and he waved his wand at me. Immediately, I was pushed to a wall by magic and pinned there.

"You shall address me as Lord Voldemort or my lord, you insolent speck, or you shall be severely punished." I laughed.
"Really? You expect me to just roll over like the rest of your little friends did? You're smart, Tom. You heard about what I've done, and I you have spies all over, so you have to have heard about my death wish. There is no punishment you can dish out that I can't take. And if you're going to kill me, please make it as painful as possible." He pressed his wand to my throat and glared at me. I kept my outward emotions calm and indifferent.

"You've impressed me, Miss Richter. I'll make you a deal. You become a Death Eater, and I won't kill you."

"Counter-offer, you let me go peacefully, and I won't kill you." He stepped so close to me that his breath was on my cheek. It smelled like he just gave his pet snake a blow job! In case you're still wondering, his breath smelled awful!

"You don't want to test me, girl. Otherwise, I'll submit you to less than pleasant treatment until you become a Death Eater."

"Suck my asshole, bastard," I hissed back. "Or are you too busy fucking your snake?" He reared back and slapped me hard across the face before grabbing my jaw and staring into my eyes. His anger flared and his lack of nose was a little disconcerting. Nevertheless, I held my ground and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Violence clearly doesn't work on you. Snape!" He barked. Severus stepped forward quickly.

"Yes, my lord?"

"How would you like to have her as your little bed slave until she agrees to become one of us?" My heart leapt and I looked around frantically, pretending to try and get away.

Snape smirked at my futile attempts and nodded. "Anything to increase our ranks, my lord. However, she knows me from Hogwarts and may attempt to use it against me. Might I suggest someone else? Perhaps, someone more interested in her?" Oh, he was so gonna pay!

Voldemort thought for a moment, looking around the room. None of the other men looked interested. Thank Merlin!

"No, Severus. I must insist that this be your responsibility. After all, you'll know just what buttons to push to make her do what you want. And you want her to become one of us. Take her to your home at Spinner's End after this term is over. You'll be checked on at random to see if the job is getting done. Take as long as you need with her. Her power is worth the wait." I was released from the wall, only to be bound with invisible ropes. Did he just freaking hog-tie me?!?

"I trusted you," I growled at Severus. Damn, my acting skills are on point! "You promised Dumbledore you wouldn't hurt me."

"Your first mistake was trusting Dumbledore. Your second, trusting me." He grabbed my harm and we apparated back to Hogwarts.

He untied me and I slapped him.

"You fucking bastard!" I shouted, running out and into the corridor. He chased after me, grabbed my arms, and pretty much carried me kicking and screaming back to his quarters.

"Someone more interested? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!?"

"I didn't want to seem too happy about his suggestion!" Severus shouted back at me. I locked myself in his bathroom and refused to come out.

"You didn't know what the others would say!"

"Most of the others are married and their wives are Death Eaters! Their wives would have killed them if they'd agreed!"

"So?!? One less cheating, lying bastard in the world!"

"Posey, please forgive me! At least you've got another excuse to come and live with me!"

"Maybe I don't want to anymore!"

"Maybe you haven't got a choice!" I wrenched the door open and was met with his lips.

They were soft but angry, and I hadn't tasted them in so long. I kissed him back hard, but was the first to pull away.

"I hate you," I breathed.

"Believe me, the feeling is mutual," he replied as he once again pressed his lips to mine.