WK 352.3

I wake up late and for a split second I wonder why my mom didn't wake me up at 8:30 like usual, but then it hits me. It's October first. Two years ago today, my twin brother passed away. I hold back tears as I remember that horrible day, as Hayley is still asleep next to me and I didn't want her to wake up to me crying.

I get up and walk out into the kitchen of our LA apartment to see mom, Annie, Sydney, Ms. Paula, Paige and Nonnie. Sydney, noticing me walk in, gets up and hugs me. It was a long hug, and I could tell she was trying just as hard as me not to cry. Annie joins in on the hug. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Annie and Sydney pull away, and I go straight to my mom. She locks me in a tight hug for a few seconds before letting me go, and I get the same kind of hug from Paige, Nonnie, and finally Ms. Paula.

"You okay?" Ms. Paula asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer. That wasn't completely true, but everyone else was feeling the same way.

She gives me a kind smile and says, "Luke will be wanting to talk to you." I smile and go to my room for my phone.

Sure enough, I have loads of texts and snapchats from all my friends.

text message conversation between luke and jade

Luke - I love you.

Jade - I love you too. 💜

Luke - Are you okay?

Jade - I'm as okay as I'll be all day

Luke - Same. Try to have fun today, okay?

Jade - I'll try

I got whole paragraph's from Liv and Erica, which definitely made me feel better. I also got texts and snapchats from Brennan, my old gymnastics team from First Class, and my friends from school. I miss them all so much.

I went out into the living room and sat between Annie and Sydney on the couch. Annie and I discussed which photo of Caleb to post while Sydney got busy with her collage. Annie decided on a photo of Caleb from the filming of Bratayley Makes History, and I went through my camera roll until I found a photo from over two years ago that I had forgotten about. It was a selfie of me and Caleb making duck lips and crossing our eyes. I laughed.

"Guys, look at this one," I said, nudging Annie and Sydney so they would look up from their phones. I showed them the picture and they laughed.

"Send that to me," Annie said.

"Me too," Sydney said.

I quickly sent the picture to them both and got up to show the adults in the kitchen. They all laughed and wanted me to send it to them, so I did.

"Wait, are you gonna post that?" Paige asked.

"Yeah, I think a never before seen picture of me and Caleb will brighten the fans' day," I said, shrugging.

"Caleb and I," Nonnie corrected me.

"Love you Nonnie!" I said and headed back to the living room.

Now that I had the picture, it was time to figure out how to caption it. I went on Instagram and got the picture ready to post. After a few minutes of thinking, I came up with this caption:

thank you, bubba, for teaching me how to celebrate life. i love you, fly high👼🏻🆑💜

Right after I clicked 'post,' mom said, "you girls might want to finish getting ready, we leave for Six Flags soon."

Sydney and Annie were already mostly ready for the day, they just had to change their outfits. Meanwhile, I was still in my pajamas. I changed into some jean shorts and Annie's black and white shirt. 

^^that black and white shirt

Afterwards, Paige put my hair into two braids while I put a bit of makeup on. When we were ready to leave, Hayley had just woken up. She wasn't going to come with us, she was staying behind with Paige, Nonnie and Ms. Paula. Mom packed a bag with towels, bathing suits, sunscreen and portable phone chargers. When we were all ready to leave, I grabbed my phone, slipped on my black and white Nike's and we headed out the door. 

We met Rush, Carson, Hayden and Kacy at Six Flags, and we had a really fun time. We stayed until about 6 pm, and we all went our separate ways. We ended our day with a movie and I wound up falling asleep during it on the couch.