Chapter 3: The big game

●Chapter 3: The big game●

Chapter 3:
Megan's POV:

"Yeah I know it's been 2 weeks mom! I've been busy!" Theo grunts and slams his dresser drawer. "Yeah. October 7th, see you then." He hangs up with his mom and looks at me. "Just gonna sit there and ease drop?" He sneers. I raise an eyebrow and put back in my ear bud. I like Beyonce's voice better anyway.

I continue typing my essay when a hand shuts my lap top. "Your annoying friend is at the door" he says going to his desk. I get up and open the door with a cheery smile.

"HIIIIIIIIIIII" Courtney yells. I give her a big hug and she pushes past me into the dorm. "You know you could've let me in" she tells Theo.

"Could've" he replies grumpily.

"Sorry, I didn't know it was that time of the month again" I cover up my laugh with a cough as Theo looks up with a face red.

We all sit in the dorm, doing homework and studying. It's been 2 weeks since the party and Theo has been distant since that night we talked.

Just talked. I actually learned a lot about him.

"What's on October 7th?" I ask out of the blue.

"What?" Courtney asks.

"My first football game"

"Oh! How exciting!!!" Courtney cheers. "Is James going to be playing?"

"Yep"

"We will be there!" Courtney says.

"What!?" Theo and I say in unison. Why doesn't he want us to come?

"Come on Megan, it will be fun"

"No, it will be cold. And boring. No offense... plus you just want to see James in tight pants" Courtney blushes and I know I'm right.

"Don't come"

"And why not?"

"Because Courtney, we don't want you there"

"We will see about that!"

The next day we decide to have the pasta line in the cafeteria. I sit down at a table with Courtney and a few minutes later James sits down.

"Hey guys coming to the big game on friday??"

"No" I say.

"What?? Why??"

"Theo doesn't want us to" Court says.

"Oh he's just nervous. He's a starting running back his freshmen year. That's terrifying!" James says stealing my garlic bread. Now I get it! He's nervous! He doesn't want anyone to see him mess up!

"We'll be there" I tell him and grabbing half of my garlic bread out of his mouth."Ew"

"Great! Bundle up! It's gonna be a cold one!" He says jogging out of the cafe. You can't help but notice the eyes that follow him out.