~1

-VICTORY-

JB let out a sigh of relief. He leaned back on his chair, letting his head hang so his dark hair fell back. "One more game." His friend whined behind him.

"Gosh, Mark." JB groaned. "You're so persistent." Mark huffed in frustration from his friend's words.

They've been playing rounds of 'Guardian' since noon and Mark hasn't had much luck. "Let's do multiplayer this time." JB suggested, scrolling through the different maps.

Soon, the match started and JB looked around at the other players. He stopped when a certain username caught his eye. 3coco3.

"I think a girl is playing." JB said to Mark who then looked around in curiosity.

He stopped and gasped, "Is the 'defs0ul' scared?" The brunette asked, emphasizing JB's username causing the other to scoff.

"Yeah right."

Soon, players started separating and JB was headed toward the enemy base.

'def dont go there'

When he saw what she typed, JB looked toward 3coco3 who was crouched behind a wall. He rolled his eyes,

'y not' he typed.

Not long after, he heard an explosion from the same direction he was headed.

'thats y' Coco responded, smirking behind the screen. He raised his brows, a bit shocked.

The game continued on and they met once again. He saw her shoot 3 times and a series of names came up on the left side of the screen.

gam3cr4ze was killed 3coco3

r4pmontsa was killed by 3coco3

w84me was killed by 3coco3

Damn, this girl got skill.

'hey def.' coco typed, the dark haired boy turned toward her player once more. 'start helping the team instead of just standing there.'

Both Mark and JB were taken aback. "Ooh, JB!" Mark gasped at the sudden roast. "Are you just gonna take that?"

"Whatever." JB said, scoffing as if it didn't affect him. "I'll just pretend she never said that."

However, his words weren't matching his actions. He started killing people that coco was going for and coco wasn't about to let him get his way.

'Def back off my kills.' she typed.

JB then had an idea pop in his head, 'I don't see your name on it' he taunted.

"Jae, what do you think you're doing?" Mark asked cautiously.

"I just wanna make things interesting."

'is that a threat?' coco asked, slightly offended.

'it might be.' Jb typed, feeling a sudden wave of energy surge through his body.

'guys chill.' Mark typed, in an effort to calm things down but JB seemed to have pushed all the wrong buttons and a heated battle against the two was started.

"Im Jaebum!" Mark yelled out his name in frustration, making the other laugh a bit. Mark just sighed, there's no stopping him now.

-

"Yes!" They both exclaimed, raising their hands up and stretching. "That felt like it was never gonna end." Mark said, laying back against his chair and staring up at the ceiling.

JB leaned closer to the screen, awaiting the results. He felt sweat drip from his face, he never felt this much rush from a game in a long time.

3coco3 -61 kills

defs0ul -58 kills

Jb threw himself backwards, letting out a deep breath. "gg" coco typed, before leaving the game. He slouched on his chair, arms falling to the ground. "I knew that would happen." Mark chuckled. Mark turned to his angry friend, "I-I mean, oh no that's too bad. Better luck next time." he stuttered at the sight of the dagger-like eyes glaring at him.

"Whatever" JB stretched out of his chair before standing up and flopping onto his bed. He moved some unfolded clothes away so he laid flat on his stomach.

Mark smacked him hard on the back, "I'm going out to get food." He heard Mark say, his voice calm and quiet. "Want anything?"

JB shook his head. "I don't feel like eating." He groaned.

"Chicken it is." Mark decided, ignoring his over-dramatic roommate. A few seconds later, JB heard the door open and shut. He turned around so he faced the ceiling, covering his face with his hands. "Why did I have to be so cocky?" He uttered in regret.

At least I'll probably never see her again.

- A/N

Welcome to my new book.

I do realize that I'm terrible at describing how a certain character looks. Since this is a fanfic, I decided to just show you how they look.

The gif on the top has JB on the left and Mark on the right. Anyways... enjoy the rest of the book.

i love gifs.