Chapter two Blackout

>>Lou<<
I quickly ran to my house and rushed down the stairs and into the pantry. We have a small house so the pantry was very small because it's just me, my mom, and my papa. I heard the door slam open from above.
"Lou?!" I heard my mother call out from up stairs.
"Down here mom!" I called to her a little muffled by the stuff in the way.
"Where's papa?" I asked when she came down just as another cannon went off.
"I don't know sweet, we think his group went to fight." As she said this a tear rolled down my face as I knew there was a small chance I would ever see him again. Here's a thing about my parents, we're a poor family so my dad went to join the army to save money as we wouldn't have to feed him as well. My mom is a baker in the bakery down the road. Me? I'm just a 14 year old girl, I go to the school down the road past the bakery near the wall. As soon at the cannons started we all rushed out of the school and ran to our homes.
I heard a cannon come to close for comfort and I hurriedly got up and ran up the stairs and out the door. I see my best friend Toby and run over to him.
"Toby we have t-" I was cut off by a bomb flying over the rubble and landing not far from us.

Everything goes black...