Anthony: The Blessing and Curse of Ignorance

There's not really any time for me to grieve, or even soak in what has just happened.

Not only is this a personal tragedy and heart wrenching tragedy for Blossom, the whole kingdom has been uprooted.

Will they put Blossom in charge even though she's not "of age" yet? Heck, will supervisors look at me and say, "Marry her now, kid, the two of you can figure out the ruling thing together." 'Cause I can't do that.

It's like I don't have time to feel, because I'm too busy thinking.

Although when I notice that Blossom has blacked out... While that freaks me out a little.

I'm just thankful I didn't try to take the baby with me.

When I ran up here after Blossom, I had quickly requested that Tyler take Gwen and put her in my room, on my bed, surrounded by pillows so that she doesn't roll off.

He looked at me weird but didn't ask where the baby came from. I just pray to God she didn't blast him with an icicle on the way there or something.

Now, I am lowly, carefully, adjusting Blossom so that I can lift her up, cradling her in my arms.

Thinking about the mess in her room, I decide to take her to mine.

I can hear Gwen crying by the time I enter the hallway where my room is.

Hardly noticing the beads of sweat forming on my forehead, I rush into my room and place Blossom on the bed, fitting her next to Gwen like some sort of puzzle piece.

Gwen's little hands are flailing around and soon enough, a small ice crystal shoots out one oc her fingertips.

"Dear... Posiden," I mumble under my breathe.

But my focus is still on Blossom. I run back down the hall a bathroom and wet a washcloth with cold water.

I rush back into the room and hop up onto my bed, placing Blossom's head in my lap. Gwen's cries are white noise at this point as I beg Blossom,

"Please, don't scare me like this. Come on now, wake up."

I'm not sure how long I'm tending to her before she stirs and leys out a poud moan. Her eyes fly open and she sits up quickly and looks at me. For a second, her gaze is blank. Then her face crumples as she whispers through a lump in her throat,

"Oh gosh... It's real again," before burying her face in her hands

\\\\\Hazy/////

Blossom won't say anything to me. Not a word. It's been about two hours since the news was presented to us, and other than the cyrptic statement she made when she first woke up, she's been silent. Isn't it my job to let her talk to me, especially during a time like this? Isn't that how relationships work?

Honestly, she vents to me all the time about the tiny, insignificant things, like the fact that her mom made her do the dishes. But she just lost her parents and all I get are silent tears between gut wrenching sobs.

It's absolutely terrifying.

I still don't know exactly what to make of the birth certificate Blossom found... I mean she had a sister, I suppose? My guess is that she died shortly after birth. But why did that only come up today, when Blossom had enough tragedy to deal with?

"Blossom?"

I have come to the entrance of my room which is now closed tight. I open it just a crack and peek inside.

"Blossom, you can't deal with this by yourself," I say gently.

"I can't deal with this at all," she retorts.