e I g h t

Emily

"Thank you Cameron for letting me stay a while. Bella said she just really missed back home. And, I really don't trust New York alone."

She laughed, "Of course Emily, remember, my homes your home."

I got up off my bed and roamed the room, we was staying in Ethan's room. They had moved all of Grayson's things in her also.

"God. I haven't been here in so long. this brings back so many memories."

She smiled, "Yeah. it does. But we better get some sleep. If you're gonna be staying here you'll need to find a job. Goodnight Emily."

I smiled, "Goodnight."

I then closed my eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.

-

I felt someone staring at me while I was sleeping. I opened my eyes to see a little girl, one that came in with me and Ethan at the funeral.

She stood there with a big smile on her, "My daddys a big sleeper. and I don't feel good, can you rock me?"

I made a confused face. Ethan was here? This is his daughter, he must be here.

I got up out of mu bed and smiled, "Sure. Lets go downstairs."

She ran down the stairs and got on the couch. It was only 6am. everyone was all asleep. she grabbed her blanket and walked over to me.

"Daddy holds be like a baby doll."

she climbed in my arms and put her thumb in her mouth. I wrapped the blanket on her and began to rock her.

"What's your name?" she asked.

I smiled, "Emily, and you?"

"Alice", she replied smiling.

I nodded, "You should probably get some sleep now, Alice.

She smiled and dozed off to sleep.

It felt weird rocking ethans child. But she was just like him. she had beautiful green and brown eyes. A smile so perfect, she was beautiful.

I always imagined me and ethan rocking our baby. Getting up at night, feeding him, or her. It was going to be great. But some things just don't go as planned.

"Can you sing to me?", she asked snapping me out of my trance.

"Sure."

"Go to sleep, Go to sleep. Go to sleep little baby. Go to sleep, Go to sleep. "

Once I saw she had fallen asleep, I moved her hair from her face and kissed her forehead.

I heard someone running down the stairs yelling Alices name.

"Alice?! Oh my god!! Alice where are you?"

"Shhhh." , I yelled back at Ethan.

He put his hand on his heart and took a deep breath, "There you are."

He walked over to me and saw her asleep in her arms, "Did you come get her?"

I laughed, "No, she came in my room and told me you was a heavy sleeper and she wanted me to rock her to sleep."

He laughed, "Yep, that's alice."

"Why are you guys here?"

He took in a deep breath, "Last night I was talking to Rosalie, and she was telling me how Jolie locks her in a room when she asked to play with alice."