Chapter 8 i mean sorry

I stood in shock. My apartment building was in flames. I held Adolf closely to me. They managed to rescue him, but we all knew he wasn't going to last much longer. I felt like crying, but I held strong. I left shoving my almost dead phone in my back pocket. And I started walking towards one of the only other places I can think of at the moment. Grump hq.

I was thinking about my car, it wasn't that great, but it worked. Oh well, it's gone. I was almost there, I could see it.

Adolf started hacking. I stared at him and held him closer patting his back. Then I started walking towards the building once again. It seemed pretty dead inside. I mean, it is nearing 2 in the morning. But I took a deep breath in and knocked on the door, still having Adolf hacking.

No one answered, so I just sat next to the door. Adolf curled next to me. I took of my (f/c) hoodie, leaving me in a white tank top, and wrapped him in it like a baby. He wasn't comfortable, but he was warm and he purred. I jumped hearing the door open.

"(Y/n)? What the hell??" I heard Chris's voice, it soothed me. Though, it was weird as it sounded deep and serious. He laughed a little seeing Adolf.

I looked back and saw my baby boy sleeping. At least I hope he is... Oh fuck. Anxiety.

"Chris, can I come inside?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

"Well, I was just thinking about going to Matt and Ryan's house, maybe you could come too!" He yawned and stretched showing you a little part of his boxer shorts that slipped slightly out from the bottom of his pants.

My face grew a hot and I nodded.

"Oh yeah hoho!" He shouted with a Micky Mouse voice.

I giggled, still feeling extremely down. I could tell that he could tell. He shifted and walked towards me engulfing me in a hug. I hugged back almost instinctively. He was so warm, and his scent ... oh god his scent. But most importantly he was warm, and I was really really cold.

"You're cold,"

"Oh really? I didn't notice!"

He chuckled and let go of me, but I wanted that to happen again ever so badly.

"Chris, can you help me with something?" I shifted and tried my best not to shiver like a chihuahua. Key word: tried.

"Uhm, yeah sure?" His lips curved at a side. I smiled a bit just looking at him.

"Can you help me bury my cat?" I sighed shifting my gaze at the little ball of skin.

His eyes widened and he nodded slowly.

"Yeah, wait here for a second," he bit his lip staring into my eyes. I stared into his. Wow, he's really... cute.

"Ok," I chattered.

"Oh yeah! Uh, I don't know if this will help but here," he was muffled for half of it, as he was taking off his jacket and handed it to me.

"Thank you!" I growled slipping it on and having it reach to my thighs.

He went back inside leaving me alone. I shoved my hands into his pockets. I felt something hard hit my knuckle. I pulled it out.

"Aha! Just as I expected, a phone," I said trying to put on my best British male accent. I walked to the little light thing near the door. I noticed he had a password. Honestly, wouldn't blame him. I tapped on the camera icon and took a selfie.

"Ew..." I mumbled and tried to find a way to erase it.

The door screeches and I shove the phone into the pocket again. Only now do I smell his cologne. It was nice, but I could smell some sweat and mustard in it as well. Ah, reality.

"Hey, sorry about your cat," Ryan smiles and offers me a hug. I gladly accepted it.

Matt noticed the droopy jacket on me, and he smirks at Chris. I blush and I pick up Adolf.

"Everyone, this is, Adolf. Adolf, meet, Chris, Matt, and Ryan," I grabbed his little paw, and muffled a "herro" for him.

"Hey Adolf," Ryan says chuckling quietly.

"So where do we bury him?" Matt blurted out.

"MATT!" Chris and Ryan yelled at him in unison.

I giggle and sigh, "well, my house is off limits,"

"Maybe we can like, get his ashes and store it in something," Chris suggested quizzically.

"Like what?" Matt asked.

"Well, my parents put my grandpas ashes in a bullet since he liked hunting?" Chris sounded a little more shy.

I grabbed both his hands, having both of my cheeks dusted with pink, and raised them to my chest. I looked up at him and gave him a heartfelt grin, "That's a wonderful idea! Adolf had a Santa doll he would always cuddle with, I can put it in there,"

He blushed and smirked. "Cool," he looked down to look at our hands intertwined with one another and his blush grew bigger no he quickly looked at me.

I let go and grabbed Adolf.

"So, where to?" I asked.

"Follow us," Ryan chuckled wrapping a arm around my shoulder.