Runaway Angel

I was walking home. I was wearing a jacket that has brown tan-ish color. My hair is naturally dark silver color. I don't know how it's possible. I'm sure I'm the only one who was born with that color. My parents thought it was unique and liked it but I've always hid my hair in my hood because every time my hair is visible, everyone will give me those weird looks. I hated that. I looked around the neighborhood. It was quiet. Everyone is probably eating dinner or watching television. The neighborhood I live in are not like any other places. If something happens here like for an example, there was a rapist that raped a woman at night when she was walking home. That will spread out like a plague and everyone will group up, finding this rapist. When they do, they will threaten him or worse. I don't think I should tell you that side of story... But yeah, that is how close our neighborhood is. It never occurred since everyone here respected each other. Anyway, I needed to get to my house before it gets dark. Right now, the sky is completely painted orange mixed with a bit of redness color. There are few white clouds in the sky. I was walking in the middle of the road. There aren't any cars driving right now so why should I walk on the sidewalk?

I was almost there to my house when I felt agony pain in my back. Wincing, I tried to keep myself up and walk home but instead of that, I fell to my knees. I was curled up in a ball, biting my jacket sleeve so I wouldn't scream because it would draw attention from people in their house. No one is outside but me. I didn't know what was happening and blacked out as I heard some clothes were being torn.
~
I groaned, rubbing my eyes. Everything seemed to be a blur around me, not recognizing where I was at. Brown walls with dark blue stripes on every corner. Gray smooth floor titles. Carts with tools lying around. I took a closer look at them. It looked like they were for surgery. When it finally hit me, I was in some science lab or in some place. I looked up at the ceiling to see it's kind of a dome shaped.

"It has to be a dream..." I muttered, panicking. What was I doing here? Why am I here? I'm not some experiment!

Just then I looked over my shoulder to see feathers. Feathers? FEATHERS? I looked over my other shoulder to see more feathers. What's going on? As I got off the table I was lying on, I felt something was stretching and folding against my back. I got this feeling that I have wings but that's impossible. You just can't have wings out of nowhere. No one here in this world is like that. I thought you'd have to die and become an angel. I haven't died either.

"Just what in the world is going on?" I whispered then started looking for a mirror. There was one that was sitting on the door. I went over to it. I froze when I saw my reflection.

"Impossible!" I screeched, twisting my body to the side. Those are wings. But I'm not an angel, not if they're gray. The wings looked very calm and just stayed folded. My eyes dropped to the doorknob and reached for it but it turned on its own. I backed away as the door was being opened. A man was standing there. He had glasses on and a scientist lab coat with a clipboard in his hand. He looked like he's in his thirties.

"Oh, you're awake," He said with a smile. "I'm Mr. Francis. Do you know why you're here?"

I shook my head no and was watching him cautiously. I wouldn't allow him to get near me when he walked closer after closing the door behind him.

"You're here because someone found you unconscious in the middle of the road and they called us. We took you in so you won't get hurt." He said cheekily.

"Then why am I locked up in here then?"

"So, you don't get away. We need to run some tests on you." He said as he pushed up his glasses.

I glared at him and said, "What the fuck? I'm not some experiment! Now let me go!"

"I'm afraid we cannot allow that, sweetheart." He just sighed and walked over to the telephone that was sitting on the wall. He started dialing and waited for them to answer then he said something but it was inaudible. I frowned but jumped when a bunch of people started filling in the room.