Beauty

The first topic I want to discuss about is beauty. Too often I hear people say stuff like, "Ew, he's ugly", or "He's alright." It seems everybody has their own definition of beauty.

Beauty- a combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.

Let's look at what the Bible has to say about beauty, starting with Matthew 6:25 & 28:

“Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25 NKJV

Don't stress about what's going to happen tomorrow or where your food comes from or the clothes you're going to wear. Your body, a temple of Christ, is more than that. Pray and trust in Him, life is not worth living in fear.

“So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;"
Matthew 6:28 NKJV

First, in order to understand what this verse is trying to say, you have to know what the word "toil" means.

Toil-To work hard, physical labor.

Now that we know what toil means, Jesus tells us to look how flowers, in this case, lilies, grow. They are relaxed and focused on growing, not working hard or spinning with worry over trivial things such as the latest makeup.

I remember in elementary, people used to say I was ugly and that hurt and made me sad. I kind of believed them. But now I realized, and tell working on today, is that nobody opinion of me really matters except God's. I shouldn't care what they think, as long as God's happy with me, I should be happy. God made you in His image not theirs.

Girls, you are more than the makeup you wear or the clothes you buy. You are the Daughter of the King. Don't compare yourself to all the celebrities or models or what society says about beauty.

So in review,

You shouldn't care what people think of, as long as God's happy with you, you should be happy. God made you in His image not thier. You are the Daughter of the King. You are beautiful the way you are.