Halloween

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Colossians 3:17 NKJV

Personally, I believe Christians really shouldn't celebrate Halloween. It is a holiday dedicated to scaring people and wearing scary costumes.

I could talk all day about what's wrong with Halloween and why Christians shouldn't celebrate it, but instead, I will offer some alternatives to Halloween.

Fall Festivals

Fall Festivals are usually held by churches right around Halloween. There are candy, games, and food involved, sometimes prizes are awarded. I really recommend going to one if you have a lot of kids in your family. If not, its a great place to hang out with your friends and get some free candy.

Hell House

It's like the Christian version of a haunted house. A hell house is when you and a group of people walk through and watch different scenes of a realistic situation like abortion, abuse, and drink driving. At the end, you have a chance to talk about your experience and give your life to Christ. You'll have to check if your local church to see if they host one. Some churches offer this annually. I recommend bringing a group of friends and going to one, even if they aren't religious.

If you are going trick or treating though, avoid wearing anything that such as fortune tellers, witches, genies, sexy nurses, and especially a devil. Instead, go with something light, like a nerd or a princess. You can even dress as someone from the Bible like Esther, Ruth, or the woman at the well. Doing this can be a great way to show how much you know about your faith and educate people about the Bible. Be the light in the dark and praise God in everything you do, even during Halloween.

Have fun and be careful, God Bless!