unimpressed

I woke up this morning to the sound of my alarm, and I was sure that I couldn't get out of bed.

But, I wanted to impress my boss by getting there early and being prepared.

So, I hopped out of bed, and got ready as quickly as I could.

I made sure to dress modest enough for my position, and warm enough for the below freezing temperature outside. My hair is always a mess in the mornings, but with lots of work, it can look decent.

I don't see much of Avery anymore due to our busy and different schedules.

But, she is still my best friend.

-
-
I arrived to work, one hour earlier than I was expected to arrive.

I entered the hallway of the twenty-second floor expecting to see no one else, as most of the employees arrived only when they needed to arrive.

It was completely silent, except for the loud sound coming from my heels against the marble floor.

As I approached my door, I was startled by a door opening.

I turned around to see Mr. Steele standing in the doorway of his office in a dark grey fitted suit. Very fitted. Yeah I can't show off a little bit of skin, yet he can show off every detail. Well..this was his company.

"Ms.."

"Stanton. Gabrielle Stanton, sir"

"Yes, well Ms. Stanton, I wasn't expecting you here until 7 o'clock and at the moment it is-"

"6:00, yes sir" I said cutting him off.

"I don't appreciate being interrupted."

"My apologies." my voice was shaky.

"May I ask what you are doing here at 6:00 in the morning, Ms. Stanton?" his hands went to his pockets.

"I take this job very seriously."

"Indeed? Well, I'm still unaware of why you were hired. But let me make something clear to you," he said stepping forwards.

"You can get here as early as you wish, stay as late as you wish, do your job as best as you know how..but none of those things will impress me." he was now standing right in front of me.

I looked up and swallowed.

"Do you understand?"

I simply nodded.

I've got to say, for someone who has everything he sure is completely ungrateful, rude and overall just an emotionless man. This is going to be a long day.

-
-
My job consisted of fitting suits and other items for men, paperwork, and whatever ridiculous runs Mr. Steele asked of me.

And I work from seven o'clock to five o'clock on every day except Saturdays.

The company phone which was in my office was primarily for people to get a hold of me when they needed me to make a run.

Line four beeped constantly.
Can you guess who's line that was?

I swear this man was trying to make me quit.

He walked out of his office towards mine.

"Ms. Stanton, may I ask why you have not picked up a single one of my calls in the past hour?" he asked as he put his hands down on my desk.

"Well. You mostly ask me to write numbers down. Kind of boring, when I have other tasks that would be of much more interest to me."

At this point you may be wondering what happened to the shyness, but I was annoyed by him. He asked me to do ridiculous things, and he acted like he was God's gift to CEO's.

He cocked his head before crossing his arms and stepping back.

"I could fire you for saying that," he said.

"But you won't. Because you know that I'm hard working and that I'm damn good at my job."

"Watch your language, Ms. Stanton."

I just looked into his eyes, and shifted in my seat.

"I will be attending a wedding this Saturday. It is imperative that I have a new suit for such an occasion," he said walking back towards the door.

"Yes sir, but if i may ask-"

"No. I do not pay you to ask. You do as I say. Follow me." and with that he vanished.

I walked after him trying to keep up with his long strides.

"Ms. Stanton, this is my private fitting area. You can guess my measurements and then get to work," he said as we walked into a large room.

I was confused as to why he needed a new suit since he basically lived in suits. But, I did not question it.

"Sir, if I do this I really need to take measurements. I believe my guessing would not be adequate enough for this" I said innocently as I looked at him.

He was silent for a moment before saying, "Alright."

With that, I had him stand on the raised flooring while I got out my instruments to measure him.

I was shaking.

I mean yes, he was completely arrogant and had no sense of manners or emotion, but on the outside he was very attractive.

I laughed a little as I stood behind him realizing I would need to measure his derrière.

"Ms. Stanton, please be professional."

Like I said, this would be a long day.

-
-
hello all!!! hope you enjoyed this chapter. this story i will be telling has so much, so just be prepared and don't give up yet. thank you!!