Anniversary

Jamie's POV

(ten years later)

I was sitting in my room just doing what I usually do, reading. I heard a slam on the door, thinking it was someone trying to rob the house or something. I went down stairs with my brother's bat to protect myself very slowly hoping not to be heard.

I didn't particularly see anything so I didn't worry. Until someone came behind me nd hold my mouth so I wouldn't scream. I wanted to scream but instead I bit his hand and heard a voice that sounded similar. I was Harry. This boy urges me so much I wanted to slap him. "Harry! What the fuck! Dont scare me like that!" I said pushing him to the wall.

"Ha, I didn't think you'd actually bite me you vampire" he said as I started to laugh. It's surprising how Harry and I have had a friendship for so long without me kicking his ass. "Well it's for self defense ok so dont bother trying to mug me again" I said but he just started to laugh even more.

"Are you ready or not?" he asked me. I completely forgot that Harry and I hanging out all day today since it's our ten year friendship anniversary. I gave him an insecure look and right away he knew that I had forgotten. "You forgot didn't you? Girl, you are a pain in my ass. I'll give you fifteen minutes to get ready ok" I heard him say as I rushed to my room and started getting ready.

I had no idea what to wear but I ended uo wearing a black skater shirt with a burgundy t-shirt. After my clothes were on, I went into the restroom and started to put on some mascara and eyeliner, simple in a hurry type of makeup. I didn't bother curling it so I just got a white flower crown and went to the living room.

I saw Harry, just sitting there on the couch with his tight black skinny jeans and a plain white shirt, which is what he usually wears. "I didn't expect you to be done so soon" Harry said as I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and lets go" I said back to him nd he just smoke at me.

Harry and I left out the door, but I made sure I left a note on the kitchen table for my mom so she doesn't go all mission impossible on me. He led me to his car and opened the door for me. "Wow look who's a gentleman, for once" I said teasing him. "Shut up, I can be a gentleman if I wanted to" he responded back as he smiled showing his dimples.

"So where are we going?" I asked like after the first ten minutes of the car ride. "Just shush and let me take you. It's a surprise." he said which made me curious because he knows that I love surprises. I decided to turn on the radio to past the time and take my mind off my curiosity but unfortunately there wasn't any good music on and turned it off.

"We're here" I heard Harry say and looked out the window,  there was nothing but a field that looked familiar but couldn't out my finger on it.

We both got out of the car and started walking through the field. "Where are you taking me Harry?" I asked but he just gave me his little grin and I knew he wasnt going to tell me. Harry stopped walking in front of a cabin, then it hit me.

Flashback

"Mommy where are you taking me and Harry? " I asked but she just said it was a surprise which made me want to know even more. We were in the car for more than an hour or something but then we stopped.

"We're here kids" I heard Harry's mom say but I didn't see anything but a cabin. Harry and I looked at each other in confusion. "What is this?" Harry asked.  "Jamie, Harry's mom and I bought a cabin so you two can come here when you two are older or something. Look go play on the tire swing. We're leaving in a half an hour" my mom said. I was both happy but overwhelmed because I thought it would something actually interesting.

"Come one Jamie. Lets go on the swing" Harry said as I followed him. Harry and I  took turns swinging each other back and forth on the swing. We saw a tree and found a sharp stick. Harry picked the stick uo and started carving on the tree but he wouldn't let me see what he was carving. Once he was done, he finally let me see. It said 'Harry and Jamie,  best friends forever.' I started to blush and so did he. "Best Friends Forever" he said holding my hand. "Best Friends Forever" I said back to him.

End of flashback

"Oh my god, I remember this" I said as Harry and I started to walk to the tree where he carved our friendship. I was so happy, Harry is a best friend to ask for. I never want to loose my best friend.

"Yea I guess its time to go back and drop you off at your house" he said as me ans him started walking to the car. The drive was really loud we constantly talked about the crazy shit we did together when we were young like that one time Harry took a piss at my trashcan because our bathroom toilet wasnt working and the one time when me and him got poison ivy from when we went camping together.

When we arrived at my home, he walked me to my door and I started to hug him. Harry's hugs were awesome. He is like a brother to me. We finally stopped hugging and we walked back to his home. "Best Friends Forever" he yelled from across the street. "Best Friends Forever" I yelled back.