Night Out

A month after the fight Jade was walking around town, enjoying the evening air, when she noticed someone coming out of a building, someone that look rather familiar to her. So she stopped walking and watched, paying attention to the details of the man. It wasn't long before she realized the person was in fact Will. Smiling to herself she made her way over to him.

"Hey Will," she called out to him.

He seemed to look around confused for a moment before his eyes landed on her.

"How's it going?" she asked.

"Uh.." he seemed to give an awkward chuckled. "Jade right?"

"That is correct." She smiled at him. "You look hungry? Wanna go grab something to eat?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Ya. Last time I checked that wasn't a crime. And if it is... well feel free to cuff me." She winked at him as she held her hands out, like she was waiting for him to cuff her.

"No, no. It's not a crime." He seemed to look around for a moment.

"Come on, don't leave me hanging."

"Well I just..."

"It's the least you could do, considering the whole Liam thing..."

Once Jade had started getting better Liam had informed her that Will had showed up again and apologized for accusing him of hurting the girls. Will had gone on to tell Liam they had caught the true attacker, after the guy had gone back and finished off the girl. Jade had been pleased to hear that Pandora had at least gotten that right.

"Alright, alright. I will go to dinner with you." He put his hands up in surrender.

She smiled at him before locking arms with him. He could feel that he was a bit uncomfortable, but she ignored it.

"So what's for dinner?" she asked.

"I thought you knew."

"Well, what would you like?"

"Fish."

"Awesome! Fish it is. Alright off the top of my head I can think of Hip Hop Fish & Chicken and Hibachi Grill & Supreme Buffet."

"Hibachi."

"Good choice. Let's go."

Jade finally figured she wouldn't get very far with Will if she was up in his personal space, so she left go of his arm and walked beside him. She noticed that he relaxed considerably after that.

"Hey your with law enforcement right?"

"I am a consultant with the FBI, yes." He gave her a look.

"I am just curious about that person the killed the trombonist. I mean.. that is some crazy stuff."

"He is dead actually."

"Oh wow. Can I ask how?"

"He attacked Doctor Lecter."

Jade tried not to react to that name, but she was finding it a bit hard.

"Is he ok? Lecter of course, not the killer."

"When I left him few minutes ago he was fine."

"Woah, hold up." She held her arm out to stop him. "That is where you just came from?"

"Yes?"

"Look I enjoy fish and all you can eat buffets just as much as the next person. But he is your friend right? Shouldn't you... I don't know, be with him?"

Jade watched as he seemed to think about it. "Look I just know if I was attacked by a killer, I would want to be with the people I care about. You feel me?"

He made a noise of uncertainty. "No, I... don't feel you."

"Cut a girl some slack, it's the way I talk." She smiled at him. She was a bit surprised when he smiled back.

He seemed to look up and down the street they had been walking on, like he was contemplating whether he wanted to go back or if he wanted to go with her.

"It's getting late, I am sure he just wants to rest," he finally said.

"True. Rest is always a good thing." She nodded. They then continued to make their way to Hibachi.

A part of Jade wanted to dump Will and go after Hannibal. If he had just been attacked he would be weak. While she on the other hand was at full strength, well almost. Better than what she was the first time they fought. But no. As a vampire she knew other ways of getting revenge. One was getting close to people they cared about and ripping them away from them. She wasn't sure if Hannibal was capable of actually caring about someone, but from the little she had seen of the two he seemed intrigued by Will. So that was where she was going to start: with Will.

Once they entered the buffet they had a brief argument over who was to pay. Jade insisted that she should pay for herself, while Will claimed that even though this wasn't a date, as a gentleman, he would pay. In the end she finally gave in and let him pay, but only because she got tired of arguing.

"Man there is a lot of fish here," Jade said as she looked over all the selections.

"Do you not like fish?"

"No, I like it. It's just been a while. Plus... lot of fish." Her eyes got wide for a moment before she looked at him. "Do you have any suggestions?" she asked with a smile. Not that it really mattered to her. Her taste buds were dead so normal human food provided no flavor.

"Well ah.. what do you like?"

"Steak."

Will chuckled. "I think they actually have steak here..."

"No, I was just playing."

"I won't mind if you have steak. Fish isn't for everyone."

"You know, I think I might just go for the steak. it feels like a beef kind of night."

They separated for a few moments as they went and got their plates. They then rejoined before walking over to a table that was looking out a window.

Jade had to stifle a chuckle as Will looked at her two plates of food. On one plate Jade had the rib-eye steak, a baked potato, and a salad. On the other plate she had grilled salmon, a cup of lemon zest, and a vegetable medley.

"I didn't realize you were so hungry."

"I didn't either until I was waiting for my steak to be cooked. And since this is not a date I figured, eh what the heck." She smiled.

At one point when Will was cutting his salmon his knife slipped and it cut his fingers.

"Shit," he hissed as he dropped it onto the table.

Jade tried her best to keep her fangs from extending, but it was no use. She then noticed a few drops had fallen on her plate. She swiped her fingers across the plate before quickly licking the blood off. As she did so she closed her eyes for a moment to savor the taste of Will Graham.

"Are you ok?" she asked as she opened her eyes. She noticed that he was trying to cover the cut with some napkins. "Here take mine." She offered hers to him, which he quickly accepted. A part of her deeply wanted to take his finger and suck the blood from it. But she knew better. Not only would he probably be freaked out over the incident, but he would then be curious as to why his finger would be healed by the time they left the Grill.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but I think I should go. Before I make a mess everywhere."

"No problem. Rain check?"

"Uh sure..." He then got up and left.

Jade sat at the table a moment trying to collect herself before she too stood up and left the restaurant.