Laying Low

Jade spent the next several days by herself. She did not talk to Liam, Will, or Hannibal. Furthermore no cops showed up at her house, which to her meant that either Hannibal had somehow convinced Will not to go to them, or there was something more at play. As soon as she had gotten home that night she disposed of the body and cleaned up the mess of blood and broken dishes in her kitchen. After that she had gone to bed.

She had spent her alone time not doing much, or at least not leaving the house much. She had done quite a bit, like working out, rearranging her entire house, and even studying and practicing magic. However she was getting annoyed staying cooped up in her house the whole day. It was getting to the point that she was ordering take out just to feed from the delivery guy or girl.

Giving up she decided to leave her house, but when she opened the door she was rather displeased to find that there was still snow on the ground. She hated snow. It was wet and it made things a little difficult. Like apparently people don't deliver food when there is a snow storm going on. Babies.

Jade made her way to a local bookstore. She wasn't entirely sure why. It just seemed to call to her. It had been a while since she had bought a book. Even though it wasn't something that would be associated with her Jade rather enjoyed reading. Especially vampire books. She loved seeing what other people thought of her kind and she found it funny how wrong they got it sometimes. So she weaved her way through the aisles until she came upon Anne Rice. Of all the vampire books Jade loved her the most. Sure she got something things wrong, but as a whole Anne came pretty close to writing about the truth. So much so that often times Jade wondered if Anne had gotten her information from an actual vampire. She had never heard one way or the other, but then again most vampire tried to stay away from her.

Finally deciding on one Anne Rice book she also picked up a couple others from a few other authors. As she was standing in the checkout she was staring out the window aimlessly, not paying attention to the people walking by. That was until a very familiar clean cut looking man walked by the window.

d by the window.

Jade's eyes went wide as she watched the man stop and turn to look in the window. She groaned and grumbled as she watched the man turn and head for the door.

"Oh hell no. Fuck this," she said to herself. She dug in her pocket and threw money at the register. "I am buying these. Have a nice day!" She stepped out of line and was making her way to the back when a hand took hold of her arm. She stopped but didn't turn around. "If you don't remove your hand from my arm I will rip it off," she growled.

"Jade, please." Hannibal sounded a bit irritated, nonetheless he still let her arm go.

She finally turned to him then. "What?"

"I hope you realize that Will does not remember what happened that night. He has no idea why you are hiding from him."

"Who says I am hiding? He knows where I live."

"He said he stopped by couple times but you never answered."

It was true there were a few times Jade had heard someone knock, and occasionally ring the doorbell, and she had ignored it.

"If you know what's good for you and if you know what's good for Will, then the both of you will stay away." She then turned and left out the back door.

As she walked home she thought about this. It wasn't Will or even stupid Hannibal's fault. Truthfully it was a mixture of fault between Jade and Liam. Jade should have been more careful and should have never let Hannibal see the true her during their fight. She also should have just left after that, but no she had been hell bent on revenge. And now poor Will was involved, even if he didn't remember it. Maybe she could fix it. She wasn't quite ready to leave, no matter how much she knew it was the right thing to do. But maybe she could do something else. She could alter their... no. Will already had memory problems. She didn't want to make it worse. Not to mention the only way she knew she could erase memories was to call in Pandora, and this really was not something she could trust Liam's child with.

Jade chewed her lip as she sat down on her couch. "Stupid cannibal," she grumbled to herself. Why did he have to ruin her nice, quiet, yet boring, day. Oh well. At the moment she couldn't think of any real solution to the problem at hand. So she leaned forward and grabbed one of her new books from her coffee table. She then leaned back to get comfortable before proceeding to open the book. She was tired of thinking about everything that had happened. She was going to sit here and enjoy her book. Simple as that.