At The Office

Hannibal was in his office waiting for his next scheduled appointment. As he waited he found himself once again on his tablet looking into as much as he could about vampires. The problem was he could not verify the veracity of any of it. Several sources might corroborated certain pieces of information but others might contradict it. The truth could only come from Jade; but simple questions would fail to give him true answers.

He had seen Jade a few times since his get together, but he had never talked with her or anything like that. He had only see her in public places, the markets and the like.

Glancing at his watch he noticed the time. His appointment should be here. Shutting down his tablet he stood up and straighten himself out. He then made his way over to the door. When he opened the door however, he was surprised to see Jade standing on the other side of it, and not his patient.

"Jade, I was not expecting you."

She seemed to smirk at that.

"I wanted to see where you worked," she said as she brushed past him to walk into his office.

Although he was slightly annoyed Hannibal had no choice but to close the door.

"And the state of my patient…?" he started to ask.

"Oh, your little guest out there... let's just say it was snack time." She gave him a fanged smile.

"Jade..." he said with both warning and shock.

Why was she acting this way around him? Had she figured out that he suspected the truth. Or had she just given up on keep a facade around him?

"Don't worry, doc, your patient is still alive, and with all of their blood still in their body. They will just have to reschedule," she said dryly as she moved, glancing around his office.

There it was again. She was all but admitting to being a vampire, without actually saying the words.

"Nice office you have here, doctor." She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, a noise that bothered him.

"Is there a reason for that?"

"For what?" She finally turned to look at him.

"You slur "doctor" as if it is an insult."

"Oh, do I? I was not aware." She smirked before poking around some more.

"You are wasting my time, Jade. You have barged into my office, and I find that rather rude." He snapped with his eyes narrowed.

"Oh ho." She turned to him again. "Someone is getting bitchy. I like it." She sighed and rolled her eyes before walking over to him. In one quick motion she grabbed his tie and used it to pull him close. "This was lovely, we must do it again sometime," she said in a snarky tone. "Now give us a kiss." She kissed the air in front of him before letting him go and walking out of the room.

Hannibal breathed through his nose, his jaw slightly clenched. After a moment he took the time to fix his tie, smoothing it down and straightening himself up. He moved to close the door that Jade had left open before he paused for a moment. She had clearly said give us a kiss. Us. Not me. That was the second time she had said that too. How peculiar. Shaking it off he closed the door and walked over to his desk again.

In the short time she had been here Jade had managed to annoy, surprise, and intrigue him. So much so that he was beginning to wonder how he could integrate himself into her life. He was tired of trying to research what she really was, it could never verify what the truth was; he wanted to see it. Dare he say it, but she was beginning to grow on him. Though he would still be on his guard, for she also knew his secrets, but maybe he wouldn't have to get rid of her. Of course if the opportunity presented itself he still might end her. He certainly didn't trust her; no, he was entertained by her, she was a unique amusement.

But he would definitely have to get her away from Will. He hadn't really noticed it before, but he could practically feel Will pulling away from him. Whether she was doing it on purpose or not did not matter. All that mattered was the fact that he had to put a stop to it.

Going over to his calendar Hannibal checked to see when his next appointment was. It would be in several hours. Maybe he could spare some time and go after Jade. See if he couldn't find some common ground with her, some way to put his plan into motion. Grabbing his coat he headed for the door. When he opened it however he was greeted by brown hair. The person turned around then.

"Miss me, doctor?" Jade smirked.