Her Voice

The guy from the morning stood up leaving the room quietly heading to the parking lot outside. It starting getting cold so I stood up and decided to go home too.
The November cold wind hit my face as a motorcycle pulled up infront of me. Seems like it'll rain today. "Want a ride?" The same salmon haired boy asked. "Ah I see, its fine then." He puts back on his helmet but I grab his arm and nod. He lifts my chin up and puts his helmet on my head as he tucked some of my hair behind my ear. "Your cheeks are beat red, you're really cold aren't you?" He chuckles as he gets on the motorcycle. "Get on and hold onto me." I get on and guides my arms around his waist.
This cold is really getting to my head.
As he starts the motorcycle I put my head on his back. His back was really warm, even though all he wore was a thin sweater.
I helped guiding him to the directions of my house and once we got there, he parked his motorcycle to the nearest parking and walked the rest of the way to my house. It's freezing yet he doesn't looked bothered by the cold. He turns around, looking at me and chuckles, "We're almost there but here," He takes off his scarf and he wraps it around my neck. He looks away quickly and starts walking but someone calls out to him.
"Yo! Long time no see Natsu!" Natsu..so that's his name.
A tall muscular guy starts walking towards our direction with two other guys walking behind him but Natsu walks infront of me, almost like reassuring me that he isn't going to let them hurt me. "Did you really leave us just so you could go with your little girlfriend?" The tallest of the three walked closer and then Natsu is punched in the stomach before he could even react.
The taller guy was now standing in front of me and grabs my shirt from the front pulling me up on my tippy-toes. "She looks like a better fit for us, doesn't she boys?" I can feel like buttons on my shirt slowly start popping out and I try getting away from his grasp but he was much bigger than me. "Whoops there goes one, now two and-"
"Leave her alone." Natsu tries getting up but is pinned down by the two other guys.
As the guy looks away towards Natsu I raise my knee to kick him hard on his. "Why you little bitch!" The other two guys try coming towards me but Natsu quickly gets up and knocks them both down. "Hurry!" He grabs my arm as we run opposite ways from my house to lose them and after finally losing them we head over to my house.
It had started raining out so we both take off our shoes and dried ourselves. I lock my doors and lead Natsu to my room as I sit him down to get my med kit. Without thinking, I strip his shirt down to look at his wounds. "Hey hey hey what do you think you're doing?" He's staring right at me and realize what I just did. I look aw
"You're hurt..." I mumbled. Natsu pulled me away from him and looked at me surprised. "You can talk!" "Of course I can!" I said as i stuttered my words out. Natsu examines me and I notice he's staring hard at my hips. I follow his state and realize a dark blue bruise on my hip. "Do you want ice for that?" He asks me. "No, ill be fine." but before i even finish my sentence he's already downstairs and can hear him struggling to find an ice pack. "Oh Natsu," I let out a small giggle.
I put the ice pack on my hip and rest my back against the wall. "Natsu, how come your acting so different?" "In a good way or bad?" he looks at me confused, as if he didn't remember his previous actions at school. I sigh, "Good! You've been acting so kind to me not that i don't appreciate it its just, its different from the way it was at school."
He chuckles and pushes me down making me lay down on my bed. He looks away, "I guess you're the first that i've been nice to in a while." He looks back at me and gets flustered. "Don't get to happy, it doesn't mean anything." I smiled and looked at the ceiling with my arms crossed on my stomach. "I guess you're the first i've talked to in a while."
He sat on the floor facing my direction, "I wanted to ask, why don't you? You really should've defended yourself back there."
I paused, "To keep myself safe from the world." He gets closer towards the bed and looks up at me. "My mother told me that keeping quiet would help me until my final day." I let out a huge sigh but crack out a small smile. "Whenever i spoke up, I always got in some sort of trouble. If i had spoken up back there, I don't think it would've ended so- so pretty."
I turn around towards my window, avoiding eye contact with him but i feel a gentle touch against my back. "No, you're right. If i hadn't been able to get up when i did and you had spoken up, he wouldn't have been so happy about that." He gently rubs my back and nudges my uniform, "Hey can you turn around, just for a second." I slowly turn and we're face to face. He's really up close and it makes me see the small details of his face. I shake my head realizing i e been distracted. "Im sorry, I should've not brought up depressing moments from my past, what we just went through was enough for today." He shakes his head, "You don't have to keep quiet anymore."
All of a sudden, the world seemed to stop for that quick second. I feel my chest carry this huge pain and i gulp down my tears. "Your mother had her own ways of dealing with upsetting situations. I know you don't have to keep quiet anymore because there is something different about you." Without thinking I pull him closer to me, I embrace him and cry for what felt like hours. He didnt move an inch and sat there, embracing me back.
I could feel his heart beat, pounding loudly against my ear. I look up to him and he smiles and pulls out my hand. "Do I make you nervous?" I realize how intensely i'm shaking and pull away my hand i'm embarrassment. He laughs out loud and tries covering his smile. "You're smile is really cute." I giggle but realize he's stopped laughing. "Wait im so sorry!" I apologize, "I didn't mean to say that." "Don't worry, it's okay." he stutters with his words and scratches the back of his neck, "I should get going. It has started to rain a little and I should get back before it starts pouring." I nod quickly, not making any eye contact with him. I hear a crashing sound and look outside seeing lightning. "Or not." he says. "Im sorry i should've kept our conversation shorter." He closed the door behind him and looks at me, "Would it be okay for me to stay here until it settles down?"
"Of course! Um, ill go make something small for us to eat, you're welcome to stay up here or go downstairs." He nods and I open the door to my room and head downstairs. I tie my hair in a ponytail and turn on the tv as i start cooking.
Thirty minutes go by and Natsu is helping me with the table and he sits in front of the television. I made white steamed rice and some vegetables as a side. As we listen to the tv, the weathers newscaster tells us the thunderstorm will end around the middle of the night and Natsu looks at me nervously. "I guess it makes no difference staying here any longer, the thunder storm isn't going away until a while. I'll head home now, thank you for the fo-" "Stay! You can stay and sleep on my bed or wherever you'd like!" I quickly blab out my words and he chuckles nervously, "Sorry for extending my stay. I could stay on the couch, again thank you."
He helps me with the dishes and afterwards her gets in the shower and gives me his clothes to wash. Luckily in his school bag he had his gym clothes to wear meanwhile. He gets out of the shower and I let him know where the remotes of the tv are and where to find the snacks. After showing him, I get in the shower and start to process the fact that a boy is in my house.
Lucy Heartfilia never in a million years did i think you would start your new high school with a boy in your house. You even let him in your bedroom!
It's not like that stop thinking these things!! Control your thoughts.
After minutes pass by I get out of the shower and change into my silky blue night gown. I dry my hair and get my bed ready to head to sleep. "Hey, Natsu, Ill be heading to sleep but wake me up before you leave." I shout down the stairs. I can hear his footsteps walking up as he's talking, "Sure thing, Ill be waking up in the morning so don't worry about waking you up in the middle of the-" I can feel his intense stare almost like checking me out and he looks sway. "Um I think i'll head to bed too, goodnight."
That was really strange just now.