♥ La Douleur Exquise『Preview』

【Tsukasa Eishi/Female Original Character】

『Description』

La Douleur Exquise [French]

1. means "the exquisite pain"; it comes from a medical term that defines pain that morphine cannot dull.

2. Its meaning has become something used to describe that indescribable pain of being hurt by the one you love.

3. It is a heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable.

They yearn for one another, bewitched by each other's spell.

Yet, there are words that their lips cannot tell.

How unfortunate it is that everything went awry,

Then it was followed by a bittersweet goodbye and a silent cry.

Time has passed, and never did they speak.

Despite the distance, being together is what they seek.

Separated by a thousand miles by lands and seas,

But the distance of their hearts will never increase.

『Notes and Warnings』

The scene contains self-harm. It is not graphic but also not glossed over. The character hit and slapped themself. It is not life-threatening.

The scene also contains descriptions of a panic attack.

Please proceed with caution!

『Preview』

"I... I probably looked stupid for doing that," a female muttered. She let a dry chuckle escape her lips as she replayed the scene in her head of how she made a stir and then just left. She wiped the salty tears off her face and tried to hold in the sobs that were so close to spilling out from her trembling lips.

"Why did I have to say that?!"

"I... I could've stayed as his friend if I thought of what I would say and do!"

"Stupid A-! So stupid...!"

Although she was already feeling some pain and numbness in her back and legs, she hit her head and slapped her forehead and cheeks, literally beating herself up. Even while doing so, she could still feel the heaviness in her chest overpowering the physical pain she was inflicting on herself.

Even if she did not want to, even if she didn't intend to say what she did, she couldn't stop herself because deep inside, she knew, no, she wanted to do something and anything that would officially blow up all her chances and maybe it will finally make her wake up so she can realize that-

"I... I just-!"

She couldn't keep down the sobs that were making her chest heave. The tears kept flowing down from her eyes even though they were irritated from her attempts at rubbing the remaining tears out. She couldn't quiet down her voice even if her throat were already hoarse. She couldn't because deep inside, she hoped it would at least help her... even a little.

She wanted to let it all out, hoping the pain would go with her shouts and tears.

"Just one more time..."

"Even after all that. I want to see him again, to hear his voice again, to-!"

"One last time. Eishi. Please!"

"A-chan?"