Untitled 5

Harlem

Stretching my stiff limbs I huffed a bit making my way out of my bedroom to wake up Rashad.

"Rashad get up you know I gotta open the REC up at 9".

Banging on the door a few times he opened it with tired expression on his face.

"Come on let me sleep in I'll be there at 12".

"Nah yo ass riding with me".

"I had a long night". He ran his hand down his face making me clench my jaw.

"Yeah running the streets with that nigga Torian I told you about that shit keep playing with me Rashad".

"I wasn't with him". He lied making me scratch at my beard he love pissing me off.

"Nigga you came in here at 2 don't think I was sleep either because I wasn't, I watched yo dumb ass stumble around to find your room. Only person you tend to do dumb shit with is Torian and I'm telling you now that nigga not yo friend".

"Man it's too early for this shit".

Punching his chest he quickly clutch it wincing.

"Keep it up act like you know who you fucking talking to now get cho ass ready".

Nodding he turned walking away.

Rashad sure do know how to piss me off early in the morning, I hate when he don't follow simple directions or feel like he can do what he want.

Shaking my head I began to get ready, I have a long day ahead of me.

Today was going to be a intense workout for the boys, the tournament is less than 3 weeks away and I want us to win. It wasn't about the money but more so the exposure my boys would receive, my little homies been putting in major work and it's good to know that other people will get the chance to see that as well.

I started the little panthers team 3 years ago, it all started with me taking boys off of the street and having them play ball with me, these were kids who did nothing but caused trouble getting into shit they had no business getting into.

So I took them under my wing, one thing I hate is seeing these young dudes fall short to the streets. When I look at them I see me, I was once that little dude running with cats who didn't give two shits about me. Doing shit that could of got me knocked off for what? A few dollars and a name.

All it took was for me to get involved in some hot shit to realize that wasn't the life for me, I got everything snatched from me.

Learning from my mistakes I turned my life around, opening up the REC center gave me not only a opportunity to help kids escape violence but also a shot at becoming a better person.

The shit I've been through I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, that's why I'm so tough on my brother. I made it to where he don't have to want for nothing, all he has to do is focus on school and getting his life together.

Knowing what I was doing at his age I vow to never let him even get a whiff of that life but it's hard especially with the people he hang with.

He think these niggas is his friends but they're not, they don't have my brother's best interest at heart and I'm trying to get him to see that. But it's only so much I can do he's going to have to learn on his own, I just don't want it to be too late.

"Do you mind if Meika and I leave a bit early I wanna take her out today". Rashad spoke peeking his head in my room.

Zipping up my jacket I glanced at him for a moment, "Nah where you taking her?"