Untitled 28

Ramona

Sitting on the bed I fluff out my body pillow as the FaceTime call rung .

Watching as the words connecting appeared on the screen I smiled as RaShad face appeared in the camera.

"Long time no speak". I playfully rolled my eyes as he chuckled.

"I just been in heavy thought that's all, I ain't been communicating with nobody to be honest". He sighed out scratching his thick fro.

"And it looks like you haven't been taking care of yourself either, you look like Harlem with this scruffy beard and fro". I commented as he laughed again.

"Yeah I feel like him too shit, but what's up big sis what's the update?".

"Well". I dragged out.

"The baby is doing just fine you know I just reached my third trimester so with that being said I'm seven months. I really be glad when her big headed self makes her entrance as much as I love her I miss my body and being able to pee on my time". I whined a bit causing him to chuckle.

"You got what two more months and you done stick it out and chill on uncle's baby, now as far as Mason and Harlem?".

"Well Mason is doing great in school! My baby is a B student in which I couldn't be more proud of him, not to mention he's on the soccer team. As for Harlem you know it's just the same old thing with him. He misses you though I can tell you that".

"Soccer team? We suppose to be b ball players". He started off laughing after. "But that's dope of him I'm proud of him and as for Harlem I miss him too but you know he ain't trying to hear me out".

"He will and I will make sure of that because not only did I call to check on you but also inform you that you have a flight booked for 11 am on Thursday. I'll be sending over the information shortly".

"Seriously?". He questioned with his eyebrow raised.

"As a heart attack, I know how much you miss home and you've been down there for quite a while. It wouldn't hurt for you to come spend a few days with us and you and Harlem really need to have a one on one".

Nodding he bit his lip. "So do he know?".

"Nah it's going to be a surprise to him and Mason". 

"Okay but do you think it's a good idea to come back?".

"I mean it's been a while Shad and plus you're going to be housebound anyways so none of that hanging out with them hooligans".

"Okay mama Ramona I hear you ion got friends no way so it ain't nobody in Michigan for me but y'all". He said shaking his head after.

"Mhm but you have your girlfriend that I'm sure you're going to want to see". I teased watching him frown.

"Nah she dumped me two weeks ago I'm single and I rather not talk about it either". He shot me down before I could ask.

Frowning I shook my head. "You deserve better than that anyways Rashad so don't even worry about her".

"Yeah I hear you Ramona".

Hearing the front door open and close I slightly sat up. "That's Harlem and Mason, I'm going to go now I'll be sending over the information. See you Thursday I love you!".

"I love you too Ramona and thanks". He smiled before ending the call.

"Mommy!". I heard Mason call out as I quickly went to safari.

Opening up the door he came running towards me with his hair flopping everywhere.

"Hey baby". I smiled leaning over to kiss his cheek.