- 1 -

Boredom was the only feeling he currently felt.
Sure, people with "normal" minds feel it, but for him, it's to the highest extreme.

Currently poking a diseased person's arm with a scalpel while staring at the kitchen wall, head in his opposite hand, Sherlock Holmes was ready for something to make his boredom go away. If he was religious, he'd be praying to the gods to get rid of the torturous feeling rotting away at his brain.

John Watson, friend, co-worker, and ex-roommate of Holmes, enters their once shared apartment with bags in arms.

"You could help, you know?" Irritability tainted Watson's voice as he kicked the flat's door closed. Making his way to the kitchen, he sees the mess Sherlock has made and attempts to place all six bags into a nearly empty patch of counter.

"Yeah, sure. You have a case, yet?"
Sherlock was dying to get out of his apartment and use his brain to solve a preferably hard case, but with so few creative killers out 'there', it's hard to come by a unique homicide case.

"Unfortunately not. I already told you the most interesting ones earlier when you were playing with matches."

Sherlock slumped out of his chair, while John began putting away the groceries he purchased for the troubled man, and fell onto his couch that lined the back wall of the main living space. He sighs and closes his eyes.
Within moments later, a ding from his laptop is heard.

Eyeing the laptop that's sat by stacks of untouched papers on top of a wooden table, he sits up quickly, hoping it's something to cure his current state.
Lucky for him, the email he had just received seemed to peak his interest. He clicks on it and reads the message from an unrecognised sender.

Hey, Sher.

You're about to become quite busy with a new case, so say "goodbye" to your boredom; things are going to get fun.
This case involves a beloved murder and the victim got quite messy. Uh oh.
Too bad the poor guy couldn't get away. Now his wife is getting treated for PTSD.
Human brains can be so weak... but not yours, is it?
Anyways, you best be on your way since your phone's about to ring.

See you soon, Babe.

-
XO Anon
(The Anonymous)

As soon as Sherlock finished reading, his phone rang, as if on cue. This got his attention.
Answering the call, he soon knows that it's Detective Lestrade calling from a crime scene, based off of the sirens in the background.

"We got someone messed up real bad; we need you here asap."