- 2 -

Arriving at the scene, there are cop cars with their lights on, an ambulance, forensics, and people crowding the caution tape around the house.

Sherlock and John push past the people and get let in underneath the tape by Lestrade.

"A man was supposedly making dinner for him and his wife when he got murdered. No murder weapon was found. The killer must have had some serious issues with the guy because you can't even recognise who he is." Lestrade told the two while leading them into the house where more cops and people from forensics are taking pictures.

Sherlock makes his way to the victim's body to see the brutal mess the murderer left.
Blood spilt all the way around, chunks of flesh in various places near or far from the body, and bone showing from inside the body.

"No murder weapon, you said?" He asks, receiving the answer from Lestrade nodding.

The detective pulls out a small magnifying glass from his coat pocket to look around for any signs of who the killer may be.
The wounds to the body are unclean to the point that you can't tell if it was done by a knife or something else.
He leans closer to the victim to see if he can make out anything hard to see.

"Did you get my email?" A soft voice whispers sensually into Sherlock's ear while he's still bent over looking at the corpse.
The man stands up and puts the glass back into his coat pocket, proceeding to turn around to the voice spoken.

A woman, probably about eighteen and significantly shorter than Sherlock himself, stands in a long black coat, black jeans, and a black button-up shirt; her medium-brown hair pulled up by a hairpiece.

"I thought you might like this case; I'm sure a lot of hard work got put into it, based off of the body's appearance." A smirk was pulled to her lips as she gestured to the body behind Sherlock, using one free hand and the other taking place on her hip.

"Sorry, but who are you?" John cuts in, quite confused as this girl interrupted their job taking place and as to how it seems like his companion may know who she is.

"Pardon me. I'm Ann and I informed your friend about this case through an email. I assume you're John?" The woman who goes by Ann places a hand out to shake John's and the other lands to her side.

"Yes, I am. How did you know of this case before we got a call about it?" He lifts an eyebrow.

"I know the victim's wife quite well so she told me what happened after calling the police."
The short interrogation of Ann had come to an end and she pitched an offer.
"I'm quite good at getting information and I do a bit of investigation work myself; any interest in working together?"

"John is the only partner I work with; anyone else will get in the way" Sherlock speaks bluntly.

"What if I told you that I knew how to hack into the security system of this house and that I know what weapon was used?"
Sherlock was craving to know more.

"How do you know?"

Ann pushes past the men and points to the body.

"Though clean cuts aren't clearly present, we can get the body cleaned up at the mortuary and see if organs got punctured, which clearly they were. Now, unless the killer brought in a knife or other sharp object of his own, it's safe to say that the killer and his victim fought for a bit before getting physical. It's also safe to say that Mr.Mutilates got a knife from the kitchen where the victim was cooking-" she makes her way over into the kitchen where a clean small knife is placed on a cutting board with some pieces of vegetables that got decorated with blood.

"-like this unusually clean knife. If the victim was chopping with it, it would have some small streaks from the juices of the vegetables; having said that, the killer probably cleaned it and placed it back onto the board to make it not look suspicious. Here you go-" she puts on a glove from her coat pocket and gets a bag to put the knife in, zipping it up and handing it to Sherlock.
"-your first piece of evidence."

"If only Sherlock could speak at a pace like that, maybe we'd be able to understand what he says" John looks at the bag in Sherlock's hands. Sherlock looks down at him, unamused.

Ann begins to walk away from them, taking off her glove and throwing it into her pocket, but she notices that Sherlock and John follow her.

"What would you gain from working on a case with us?" Sherlock calls out to her, making her stop and turn to him. She places her hand on his cheek and looks into his eyes. Sherlock now sees her deep-brown eyes.

"The same thing you gain by solving cases like these." She taps her hand that's placed on him before turning back away and walking out of the house. She walks underneath the caution tape and through the small crowd of people, Sherlock and John still following her.
Once she gets to her car parked only a few meters away, Sherlock and John stop when she walks into the car.

"You know how to reach me" she closes the door and drives away.

John looks at Sherlock, confused. Sherlock reaches into his coat pocket to find a small slip of paper with her phone number and the words:
"- xo anon"