Chapter 4: Holding Onto You (OLD)

Tuesday, August 6th, 2080 at Watchpoint: Gibraltar, 11:23 PM.

"Winston! Winston!"

As Winston was asleep in his chair, he woke up quickly after hearing me screaming his name while rushing into his lab. He turned around to see me a few feet behind him panting with a face of excitement. He stood up from his seat.

"Huh? (Y/N), you're back?"

"Winston, I have to tell you this. All I'm saying is... my mission was a success."

Winston's eyes went wide as he probably couldn't believe what I just said.

(A recap from earlier: I just brought the most dangerous assassin from Talon to Overwatch. My most accomplished mission yet. I just saved Amélie Lacroix from suffering what Talon had gave to her. Now she is sitting in one of the base's prison cells.)

He rubbed his eyes, grabbed his glasses from his desktop and spoke in amazement. "(Y/N) I... I don't know what to say. I never thought you cared so deeply about her to actually complete the mission..."

I smiled, but it faded away quickly when I realized that she still couldn't feel emotions. I looked down at my feet, feeling a little bit down after realizing it. "Well... like you said, she can't feel emotions right? She probably won't even understand why I brought her here if I told her."

Winston sighed and patted my back. Afterwards, he smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder. "You know what (Y/N)? I think you'd be perfect for Amélie. You both probably have many things in common, why not give her a chance? Mercy can also help the brainwashing wear off with some hospitalizing, therapy and patience, remember? I bet Amélie will feel the same way you do after she sees that you've saved her from Talon because you care about her. You have looks, talent, a great heart... She wouldn't want to give that up, right?"

I looked at him with hope gleaming in my eyes. "You really think so?"

He nodded in response. "We'll take her in and announce her arrival to the others tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM sharp before we can take any further actions of her being an official agent of Overwatch."

I smiled. "Sounds good, big guy. You think everyone will accept her?"

"After we tell them what we plan to do with Amélie, yes."

Wednesday, August 7th, 2080 at 9:00 AM.

"We can't let her stay here! She's killed many important people! I witnessed her kill a member of the Shambali! She needs to pay for what she's done!"

Tracer was not happy about this at all, nor was everyone else. Everyone was protesting to kill her or torture her, which got me a little bit angry. Why can't they have some compassion? They don't understand that I saved Amélie Lacroix, or Widowmaker, from Talon!

The only ones that were okay with Widowmaker being an agent of Overwatch were me, Winston and Ana so far. Everyone else wasn't.

The meeting about Widowmaker took place in a medium-sized auditorium with me and Winston standing next to Widowmaker on stage. She sat down on a chair with her hands and ankles tied down on it just in case she had any funny business planned out.

I shouted to everyone in the room. "Everyone please calm down! Let me explain!"

No one listened to me. It was almost no use. Everyone kept on rambling about Amélie. I clenched my fists in anger, and decided that enough was enough.

I pulled out my Hecate and shot it next to an Overwatch agent that took a part of the commotion, almost hitting him (which was intended). The whole auditorium finally went quiet for a minute.