Chapter Five

Incubus- Pardon Me

Zulu:

"Why did you do it?" Varco shouted from the other side of the cell bars. He didn't dare touch them. They're made out of silver.

"Cause I felt like it," I replied. He growled and almost slammed his palms against the bars but stopped himself just before he did. "Pussy,"

"I haven't seen or heard from you in over six years Zuli. Then you show up and kill my dad. Our dad,"

"Your dad. He stopped being my dad after what he did to my little brother," that caught his attention.

"What...?" he began to ask when the metal doors that lead out of the basement burst open.

"Alpha Prisoner Payne has escaped," Garret that little bitch said.

"Look around for him. He couldn't have gone too far," Varco growled. "Ready the dungeon cell next to Payne as well. We're putting the princess where she belongs,"

"Does it make you mad that I killed him? You know I have been waiting to get my hands on him for a while right,"

"Am I your next target Huntress?" he growled.

"No. What the fuck would I ever kill you? This pack is a piece of shit. Your dad ran into the ground. You have a lot of work to do to regain its name. My Alpha would rather kill everyone here rather than take over the pack that was run by a pervert," he growled and finally slammed his hands against the bars. He held on to them. The sizzle started immediately but he ignored it.

"What the Fuck is that supposed to mean Zuluna?"

"It means just that. I didn't kill your dad because I wanted his title. I would have killed you. I killed the fucker because he touched Richie. I don't want to be alpha I have better shit to do than run a pack that might as well be a bunch of rogues,"

His face completely changed. It went from harsh to sad and confused not to mention disbelief. They really had no idea what it was that they lived under. Just how misguided they all have been and not just since me leaving. From long before I had left.

"That's low," he sighed letting go of the bars. He couldn't even look up at me.

"Don't believe me? I'll have every doctor I could find to help Richie get the help he needed once we left. You have no idea what I had to deal with once he shifted. I wish I can show you all the pain he went through to become the fraction of the man he is now,"

He looked down at the burn the silver bars had seared into the palms of his hands. Varco left without saying a word. I sat here in this cell for hours until Garret and two others came to transfer me to the lower levels. Garret looked beyond up set and had a nice new bruise coming in on his left eye.

"That little shit wouldn't have escaped if you would have checked his chains and the fucking doors. He picked the lock you dumb ass," a guy said to him.

"The guy was half dead. He's been in there forever. How the fuck would he even know to pick a mother fucking lock?"

"You're such a dumb ass, Garret,"

I couldn't help but smirk. Whoever was locked down there must be important to have them worked up about it. Which means he's under my jurisdiction now. So I get to find out what he knows and what he did and use that to my advantage. This is going better than I had hoped it would.

"Who the fuck is this bitch anyway?" Garret asked. I cleared my throat.

"Surely, you haven't forgotten how many times I kicked your ass when we were growing up did you, Garret? You fat lard,"

Back when we were kids, Garret was an overweight kid and well like any other kid our age we made fun of him. He made the mistake of kicking Richie where the sun doesn't shine simply because he was smaller and younger than he. I had never made fun of him before that day. I also beat the crap out of him whenever my wolf went alpha's daughter. Which happened a lot more than he cares to admit.

He turned around and backhanded me. A growl ripped through my chest angrily. I hadn't been expecting that in the slightest. Years of thinking he was the top dog around here must be clouding his ability to think straight. I entwined my fingers tightening them and hit him on the left side of his face sending him crashing into the wall. The right side of his head smacked making a loud cracking noise against the wall.

"Don't you ever put your filthy hands in me you little bitch," I growled.

The other two didn't even try to help him. They smirked and continued to escort me down to the lower level without saying a single word. As soon as we made it down the staircase, the smell of blood overpowered most of the other smells except for one. A piney dark scent swirled in the air. My wolf struggled for an instant and then settled down.

One of them opened up the cell and shut it behind me as I entered. This place is dark. Concrete walls and floors. Dirt and grass scattered all over the place. I couldn't imagine staying here for a long period of time. I sat on the floor and began waiting for my brother who will probably be needing answers once he calms down.

They had taken my belongings and among them is the recording of Demario admitting to what he had done. Varco might not believe the words that are coming out of my mouth but I am one hundred percent sure that he's going to believe them coming out of his own father's mouth. He can do whatever he wants with that confession. My purpose here is complete there is no need for me to come back here ever again.