Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Baekhyun has dated too many girls. Too many for me to even remember.”

“How many?”

“I really don't know.”, he sighed and continued, “let's just say, he's had a different every other week. Or sometimes every other day.”

I gulped in nervousness. Was I just one of those girls.

“He's hell of a smooth talker,that one. And girls swoon for it.” He laughed. “ I literally asked him to keep his hands off my sister.”

What had I gotten myself into? I was here for a fresh start and I had already complicated things for myself. I'm not going to make the same mistake. I can't let someone destroy me again. I'll have to put an end to this.

I walked over to Kyungsoo sunbae impulsively, and asked him if I could leave since I was done with my practice.

“Are you sure you don't want to stay? We will assign duets.”

“No sunbae, I have some assignments to turn over tomorrow. I can sing with you or Jongdae sunbae.”

After we finished, I stood up and looked at him. He caught my eye and smiled. This time, I didn't return it and turned to leave the room.

Walking back to the dorm, I felt like I had a huge hole in my chest again. Why did I have to get so attached to him?

Unknowingly, I dialed for Michelle.

Heyyyyyyyyyy you!!!” She chimed as soon as she picked up the phone.

Mich.. I miss you.”

“I miss you too dummy. It's slowly taking over that I loved your koala personality.”

I laughed to mask the tears building in my eyes. But, she knew me too well.

Are you okay?”, She asked, worry evident in her tone.

I'm still settling. Feel a little homesick.”

Michelle distracted me with some chatter about unusual things. She did a good job though, by the time I hung up, Baekhyun was out of my mind.

Hye Jin walked in half hour later.

“Y/N?”

“In the kitchen!”

“Why did you leave without me?”

“I was hungry.”

“Kyungsoo oppa said you had work..”

“Yes!”, I lied quickly, to cover up for my initial mistake.

“... Now I'm cooking.”

“Baekhyun sunbae was looking for you.”

“Oh.”,I gave a short reply.

“Oh? That's it? Are you guys fighting? Already?”

“Hye Jin. What were you trying to tell me that day at the cafeteria? About Baekhyun sunbae.”

Hye Jin stood and stared at me, “ I don't know if I should tell you.”

“Tell me, I want to know.”

“It's just that, Baekhyun sunbae is known as quite a playboy around campus.” She stopped, judging my expressions, and carefully proceeded, “I just thought you should know. You don't seem like someone who'd just play around. I don't want you to be hurt.”

I didn't know how to respond to the things she was telling me. My phone rang on the counter that moment. Baekhyun. I didn't want to pick it up. What would I say?