Chapter 1: Ilithyia

The day started off with my mistress shrieking my name. Yesterday night I had accidentally knocked over her rack of arrows. Mistress Ebrilia was furious at me and I was taken into the Punishment Building after she used the Shocker on me. There was a little girl in there, whose eyes were a shockingly bright purple. The Punishers were electrocuting the girl, who couldn't have been more than 10 years old. I was taken into a cell and beaten with a club and then dumped back into my filthy cot outside my mistress' bedroom.

Now, I have to probably go dress my mistress, who is part of the Scarlett Warriors. The Scarlett Warriors hunt down men who have done wrong deeds, and all of them are sworn to have no affair with men. Most Scarlett Warriors have servants, like me. I am one of the Serf's, survivors of the destruction of Earth. My duty is to serve my mistress and to be silent at all times. These days I have little to no refuge against the abuse from Mistress Ebrilia, since my friend Wofloria died. He was killed in the Punishment Building, but not many people cared at all. Hundreds of Serf's were killed every month, so it wasn't a very big deal. For me, his death brought on a wave of depression. Wofloria used to calm me down when I was angry and help me through hard times. Now he is probably a bottle of ashes in some Scarlett Warrior Storage Room.

"Serf! Where are you? Hurry up you filthy oaf!" Mistress Ebrilia calls out very loudly. She must be in a terrible mood. I hurry over to her and curtsy low, and then kneel to kiss her annoyingly perfect vermillion high heels. Sometimes I wonder how she fights with such heels.

"Humph. Where is my morning tea? Where is my breakfast? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? You have become as useless as a fly. Now go! FETCH ME MY THINGS!" She screams in my face, as I quickly turn to go, she throws at me the closest thing she can find, a blood-scented red candle. It shatters on contact and my head bursts into pain. I run from the room barely holding in a shriek. 

Running to the kitchen, tears well up in my eyes that I quickly brush away. As I reach the moldy kitchen door, I push it open and find dozens of older Serf's milling around getting the meals for the day ready. The Scarlett's and their Serf's live in a huge fortress that is guarded heavily with lower level Scarlett's. Serfs are not allowed to go outside, and most of us have never seen the outside of the 5th floor. I scan the crowd trying to find my mother, and sure enough, I find her stirring a pot of oatmeal, looking tired and worn out. She is always the most noticeable because on top of her dirtied black Serf uniform, she wears a bright yellow belt that she says helps her through the day.

"Mom, Ebrilia needs her tea and breakfast, can you hurry up a little?' I grimaced. Barely glancing over, Mom just says,

"Patience does it all, dear." And then stirs with more vigor. I sigh and open the dusty cupboard to get some towels for my head. Suddenly the door bangs open and Queen Elise is standing there, with her suit covered in medals. Every single Serf drops down to their knees and stays there. Queen Elise is the leader of the Scarlett's and is ruthless. She also kills innocents for fun, so we all like to avoid her.

"So...this is the rat hole the Serfs work in? Hmm, no wonder the food is always so filthy.All of you get out. We are redoing the kitchen. The food is nasty and there was hair in my tart last night." She muses.When none of us move from the ground, her temper rages up. "I said get out!NOW!" We all scramble up and run from the room, avoiding her gaze as she fumes.I suppose I will now have to face Mistress Ebrilia's rage on not getting herbreakfast. Great.     

A/N(REVIEWS PLEASE?)