Chapter 2: Adrian

A loud thump in front of me jolts me awake. I had been dreaming about a strange ship coming towards Posmadus. But in reality I had fallen asleep in the Omnian fields, and my mother had just dropped a bag of Koro dung right in front of me. Great. Fertilizer that smells like the hole in the ground where everyone...empties their bowels. Koro's are very similar to cows on Earth, but instead of having teats on the underside, the teats are located under the chin. Koro's also have silver fur, with no spots so the only way to distinguish them is their tail, because each Koro has a different shaped tail.

"Sweetie, I know you're tired but just try to finish picking all this Omnia so we can get this month's pay." My mother says as she caresses my face. "I should get going back to the Koro pens to milk them, I'll meet you at home" Mother walks away absently picking at a rip in her shirt. I suppose living in poverty after knowing the luxurious life is hard. Mother and I used to live quite a prosperous life, with Dad owning a successful company and all. But on the Death Day of Earth, Dad was on a business trip on the other side of the world. He was blown to smithereens and Mother and I were left to the 'mercy' of Posmadus.

Sighing I get up from the ground and pick up the bag of dung so I can start spreading it throughout the Omnia. It is nice to know that I will be eating Omnia that was grown by poop. Omnia is very similar to Earth's wheat, although it is purple and smells distinctly like dog fur.

"Hey darling, I think-I think I need to rest, could you help me get some food out there? I'm sorry, I'm just-" A giant yawn cuts off her sentence and she falls onto the bottom bunk fast asleep. Guess I shall go take a trip to the food market. Our money jar is quite lonely and has a couple coins, a few bills. I snag a bill and make my way down the hill that our neighborhood is located on. On the way down I stop to catch my breath and-at this particular angle on this grey mountain, I can see the fortress of the Scarlett's with their red flags waving. I feel a wave of uncontrollable anger roll through me and I shake but force myself to calm down and continue to the food market.
It has been a long day and staring atour dull house doesn't make it any better. Our little settlement fits one bunkbed and a table with a tiny stool. That is it. When I, as a 17 year old fullystretch my arms out between two of the walls, my arms fit perfectly. Ournecessities to the Scarlett's seem to only be a place to sleep and pee. Foodand water is difficult to come by with so little to go around. Water ischerished during monsoon season, as is food during harvest season. We get atiny share of the food that we spend so much time on to grow. The rest go tothe stupid Scarlett's, and there are rumors that the food sometimes is burnedfor entertainment! The nerve. A knock on the door marks the entrance of mymother.

Arriving at the dusty market didn't help my mood whatsoever, as I walked past the stands put up by old Scarlett's. The old Scarlett's still hate us and charge us ridiculously high prices, and for the one bill I hold in my hand, I can buy a cup of water. Going home with this will be disappointing but it'll do. The other citizens around me mill about stare at the pastries and fresh fruits with wistful looks. Suddenly I see a man jump onto an old Scarlett screaming,

"You!You did this to our family! You killed Abigail! All of this was you!" This manis thin and frail but his punches are strong, powered by his anger. From my view, this old Scarlett seems to be bruised and bleeding, and the other oldScarlett's look horrified. One of them I notice taps her heel on the ground 3times, but I lose sight of her. The crowd gathered around this scene abruptly spreads apart, revealing a face I know all too well: Queen Elise. She is the leader of the Scarlett's and rules us all. The man has not took notice yet, andQueen Elise's sharp gaze looks over in disgust. Walking over the dirty and dusty road, she punches the man and holds him up in a chokehold with one hand.This man doesn't ever get to see tomorrow. I turn away in disgust, and quickly buy some water and leave the scene for home.    

A/N(Hey guys, sorry for the short chapters, they will get longer soon :))