Chapter 3: Ilithyia

Mistress Ebrilia did not take it very well when I told her breakfast was delayed yesterday. I have marks on my face to prove that. Of course for the rest of the day I was not let out of her sight, except to get food and water. Lives of Serf's are quite harsh. Sighing I climb out of my cot and take out my clothes from the dirty sack attached to the head of my cot. My black uniform is ripped in some areas, with no supplies to fix it. It is a stiff black collared short sleeve, and some uncomfortable black jeans. Shoes are our own pick, but we have no pay, no way to get them. My mother made my shoes out of cardboard and scraps of cloth. Many Serfs don't have anything on their feet resulting in bruises and scrapes galore.

"Serf! Where are you? Do you want to end up in the Punishment Building again?" Mistress Ebrilia snorts at me as she sticks her head outside her door.

"No, ma'am" I say quietly as I look down at my feet. A sharp pain in my head means this was the wrong action. This was the pain of the Shocker. The Shocker is something I don't quite understand. Scientists working with the Scarlett Warriors developed something to put in our brain, which can cause extreme pain to the nerves by pressing the control. This is the way Scarlett's control us from misbehavior and such. The silver remote control has different settings that take from rage. This level of pain must mean she is annoyed, not furious.

"Look at me when you talk, Serf. Now go wash my uniform, and then polish all of my red heels. Then after that you will go make me my lunch and then come back to me. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to do." She ordered, and with one last tap on the remote sending me rolling on the floor, she smirks and walks away. My head is exploding in pain and I struggle to pick myself up. Dizziness takes its toll and suddenly the cot turns large and then small, my feet are suddenly so far away and then I fade into blackness.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Where are the rebels?" Hisses a voice in the dark.

"We have located their current camp. It is the abandoned orphanage on Solum St., near the uh...your old home." Replies a low voice.

"Good to know. Your purpose has been served." A gun cocks and the man cries out and tries to run away. The gunshot sounds and he is no more.    

A/N(Hey Readers, please review and stay hooked! Hugs for all!)