8: The Girlfriend

I do not own Naruto, Kishimoto does

Summary: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN SASUKE'S GOT A GIRLFRIEND?"

- - -

This is a bad idea, Sasuke thought. A really bad idea! Think of all of the things that could go wrong!

Another part of his mind whispered, Think of all the things that could go right!

So, Sasuke steeled himself and walked over to a girl. A girl that he had been wanting to talk to for the past two weeks.

- - -

"Fugaku, dear, what's wrong?" Mikoto said. She had just finished writing a note to the florist about a new order and was now starting to cook while also going over the clan bills. She shuffled through the bills, then narrowed her eyes, "I still haven't gotten those papers from her yet..." Mikoto sighed and continued her work.

"Sasuke just came home," Fugaku said.

"And?" Mikoto persisted, pouring vegetable broth into a pot and then searching the room for a calculator and pen.

"He said he's bringing a girl over for dinner."

"Really? He made another friend?" Mikoto said with a grin, happy for Sasuke and victorious at retrieving the two items she was looking for.

"I don't think she's a...friend. He threatened me so that I wouldn't do anything embarrassing and that we would be nice to her. Then he went to tell Itachi the same thing."

"So...you think he likes this girl?" Mikoto asked, setting down the two things in her hands and turning on the stove.

"Yes," Fugaku said.

"Oh, honey," Mikoto said, putting a bit of soy sauce into the pot and stirring it with her left hand while writing down some numbers with her right, "Sasuke's seven. I guess he just has one of those cute little crushes that kids get."

"So it isn't serious?" Fugaku asked.

"Fugaku," Mikoto sighed, "of course it's not! Why are you so jumpy, anyway?"

"I don't know what to do! Itachi's never had a crush! Thanks to that, I can safely have him betrothed without feeling like a horrible person! I'm completely lost with Sasuke!"

"Don't worry, everything will work out," Mikoto promised. "For now, let's focus on making sure we don't ruin Sasuke's first chance at a girlfriend! I bet they'll hold hands and he'll kiss her on the cheek and they'll both blush like cute little angels! It'll be adorable, Fugaku!" Mikoto fowned. "Dear, you haven't told me her name yet."

Fugaku blinked, then laughed sheepishly. "I, uh, forgot to ask."

"Fugaku!"

"I'm sorry!"

- - -

Sasuke made a beeline for Itachi's room, determined to make sure that his brother didn't mess this up. Big Brother was so smart in practicality and calculations, but he was clueless in social situations.

"Master Sasuke?" Sasuke turned, brows furrowed. Master? The last person to call him that...

"Gah!" Sasuke yelped, jumping back. "M-Miss Ainu?" He remembered her. A few years ago, she was always around their house, working as his mother's assistant. She always seemed to be swamped with paperwork for some reason. She had left when she had triplets. Sasuke babysat them once, just to get information on Miss Ainu, and discovered that he never wanted to have anything to do with babies.