Chapter 2 - The castle

As soon as I stepped out of the car, 3 women-which I think are the maids-approached me. "Welcome to the castle. You must be the winner of the raffle, Sapphire Lewis." one of the maids said. "That's right. Thanks for the welcome by the way." I said politely.

They helped me with unloading my things and led me to what I assume is my room. Boy, this castle's huge! I wonder how long the staff took to memorize this place.

We reached my room at the second floor (that's a good thing) and it was the nearest at the right side. For a second, I didn't think it was a guest room. This is great! Amethyst would be so happy to see the castle.

Amethyst. I miss her and mom already.

What if this wasn't such a good idea? Oh get over it! I'll only be here for a day. The next thing I know I'll be at home happy and peaceful...and NORMAL.

"Oh we should introduce ourselves. I'm Madelene. This is Annie and Lillian." the head maid(I guess) said.

"Oh and...um Lady Sapphire, you better get dressed." Madelene said. "Dressed? I'm already dressed." I said,confused.

"You'll have early lunch with the prince and his other visitors. " Can't I just wear what I'm wearing?" I asked. "You're at the castle, Miss. I suggest you wear a dress."Annie suggested.

"A dress?" I nearly choked. I wear dresses but not like what they wear in places like these.

"Yes,a dress. Ooh it rhymes." Lillian said, giggling at the last part. "I wear dresses like a sundress but-" I started. "That's acceptable." Annie said. "But I didn't bring one." I continued from where I stopped.

"We have a dress made for you in this closet in case you didn't bring any." Madelene said quite excitedly if you ask me. "Tadaa!" they said in unison as they took out the said dress from the said closet. It was the type that I didn't want to wear. It was like a ballgown but a little less puffier. "Look.That dress is super fab but-" I said but they cut me off, again.

"But? No buts. There's nothing else to wear but this so, chop chop! Go ahead and get dressed." Madelene demanded.

"Nothing else to wear? Come on! I have these." I complained, pointing to my clothes and my small luggage bag. "I have some skirts in there-"

*loud crashing noise*

"Is there an earthquake?" I asked, my eyes starting to open wide. "No Miss but you have to go downstairs immediately and turn right where the bookshelves are and touch the only book on the lowest shelf if ever no one else is there yet. We'll be going to our own hideout." Madelene instructed as they were heading out of my room.

Hideout?

I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, still in my jeans. As I reached the very last step, I bumped into someone. Whoa, the impact was so weak that I actually fell down.

The person who bumped into me scanned me from head to toe making me feel alien. Maybe I dress too normally for them? After all I was just wearing a simple outfit: jeans and a plain v-neck shirt.

But hey! Look at him. He's just wearing an undershirt and formal trousers. I should be the one looking at him funny.

I gave him an annoyed look as I stood up and oh my glob! I have to hide and protect myself from...whatever is happening. I might die today and my family won't know! Oh no! *sigh* I'm such a drama queen.

I quickly ran to the said bookshelves and touched the only book on the lowest shelf and voila! There was a hidden path to a secret room just like in the movies.

When I went deeper into the room, (it's so dark in here) I bumped my head into something. It felt like a light bulb and luckily I found the switch and I pulled it, revealing more of the secret room.

It was a small room with a toilet bowl at the right side with a sink beside it and there was a simple bench like couch in front of me and finally, food and drinking water supply on the shelf above it.

I think everyone in the castle hides in this kind of room everytime something like this happens.

I decided to sit down but when I was about a step away from the seat, I heard someone sneeze.

"Bless you!" I suddenly blurted. This is becoming a habit already! I looked around to see who it was. No one's here.

Or is there?

Ok. Tbh, I'm quite scared. I tried to see if there was someone near the entrance since it was quite dark there. I moved slowly closer to the area but suddenly,

"Boo!"

"Don't kill me!" I screamed and tried to hide somewhere. The person just laughed at me until I could hear him falling to the floor, still laughing of course.

I peeked out to see who the jerk was and guess what? It's that same guy who bumped into me without even helping me or saying sorry at least.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, annoyed. "I tried to run after you to apologize and I happen to remember to hide from the rebels so I went in here just in time before the door closed. And now I'm safe because of you." he said.

"I thought I won't be hearing an apology from you. Guess I was wrong." I murmured.

"Pardon?" he said. "Oh nothing. Thanks I guess. Oh by the way, what's happening out there?" I asked.

"Rebel attack as usual." he said. "As usual?!" That's great!

"It's been happening ever since I showed signs of picking Heather as queen." he explained. "Queen? Wait a minute. May I know your name?" I asked.

"I'm Harris. And you are?"

"You're Harris? As in Prince Harris Adams?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes. Yes I am." he confirmed the fact with a smile that seems a little like a smirk.

---

A/N:

Ok this is going to be a long author's note. Here we go.

Sorry for the veryyyyyyy long wait. I'm super busy with summer break. Quite ironic eh? Anyways I think I'm putting this on hold and also with my other book When You Came. I'm super sorry tho. I promise to make the next update to be long or maybe two chapters will be out at once. :))

For those who read/s The Selection:

Sooo did you get a copy of The One?

It's super awesomeeee that I'm not gonna spoil it.

Ok. I made another YouTube account and I haven't posted anything. I was thinking of uploading random videos that would hopefully be appreciated by those who'll watch it. □  Lately, I've been watching Bethany Mota, Makeupbymandy24, Zoella, Miranda Sings and Stilababe09. They're great youtubers :)

Aaaaand Tumblr and Pinterest are my new diversion from daily living.

Tumblr : gaea-rrific

Pinterest: Mary Jafit Kho So

App corner: VSCO Cam is my new bestfriend ♡

I guess I'll talk to you guys in my next update! Bye!

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW and SHARE to your friends!

mwah mwah :*

- Gaea